Dundee Utd V Ict - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Dundee Utd V Ict

Hughes:

"I've been in the game for 35 years and Cammy [Calum Murray] is one of the better ones, and I felt a little bit let down by his second half performance. I think he lost it at times. He was giving free-kicks and bookings left, right and centre, and it wasn't a game like that."

From the match report:

Inverness defender David Raven clattered recklessly into United's Ryan Dow, drawing a yellow card from the official.

There was uproar in the stands when Watkins and United defender Paul Dixon went head-to-head inside the penalty area at a corner kick. Both players were lectured by Murray

Raven could have been sent off for a second yellow card after the Inverness defender floored Dixon only seconds after the break.

Watkins too might have feared dismissal after a stamp on United forward Aidan Connolly.

An off-the-ball clash between Ciftci and Warren prompted the assistant referee to rush on to the pitch. After consultations, Warren was dismissed and Ciftci booked.

I don't think that backs up what the thicko has had to say at all.

Was listening to the podcast from last night earlier.

Yogi did sound like he'd been at a different game from everyone else. By all accounts 3 ICT players could've walked, and there was unanimous agreement the United keeper had to go.

Having said that, more often than not when a game starts to go a bit mental, poor, weak or inconsistent refereeing is a factor.

Was listening to the podcast from last night earlier.

Yogi did sound like he'd been at a different game from everyone else. By all accounts 3 ICT players could've walked, and there was unanimous agreement the United keeper had to go.

Having said that, more often than not when a game starts to go a bit mental, poor, weak or inconsistent refereeing is a factor.

Just watched the highlights and certainly could have been more red cards for both sides. Not sure how Cifti got away with the push and Raven should have gone too.

Was a bit funny watching Cifti's push and the ref's reaction. You won't have seen a more blatant push in your life, making the Caley player go flying, then the Ref put his arms up to play advantage. What did he think he was playing advantage from.

The push is hilarious. What are they watching?

I haven't seen what Warren does but I'm extrapolating as to why his red card wasn't also a penalty to United.

From what you could see on the highlights. Cifti bundles Warren over then whatever happens next is off camera. Cifti is booked for his part which clearly happened first so why would a penalty be awarded?