Man City V Barca - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Man City V Barca

Remind me.... who are current La Liga champions?

Is it Barca or Real Madrid??

If you think athletico will keep it up, feel free it has been and will be a two horse race. Barcelona and Real Madrid take the lions share of the tv money. They negotiate separately to the rest and the rest are ultimately fecked. Feel free to watch all liga, each to their own and all that. As a shining example to other leagues though, I don't think so...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think its a contest, well maybe for some but it shouldnt be. Being english it's only natural you'll prefer the EPL. Sevilla v Celta for example isn't going to excite most fans out with Spain, much like Stoke v Newcastle for people outside England.

Agreed, but spurs v arse , Liverpool v Everton, Newcastle v Sunderland, man city v man utd and the mix of all the other games makes it better in my opinion. Like I said feel free to watch la liga personally I think it's shite. The Germans were showing the way to go until uefa fixed it that bayern could basically buy whoever they wanted from whoever they wanted in the bundesliga .

If you think athletico will keep it up, feel free it has been and will be a two horse race. Barcelona and Real Madrid take the lions share of the tv money. They negotiate separately to the rest and the rest are ultimately fecked. Feel free to watch all liga, each to their own and all that. As a shining example to other leagues though, I don't think so...

Sorry.... you're still saying it's a 2 horse race, despite the CURRENT champions not being one of the horses?

Okaaaaay

Agreed, but spurs v arse , Liverpool v Everton, Newcastle v Sunderland, man city v man utd and the mix of all the other games makes it better in my opinion. Like I said feel free to watch la liga personally I think it's shite. The Germans were showing the way to go until uefa fixed it that bayern could basically buy whoever they wanted from whoever they wanted in the bundesliga .

The games you've listed have been utter dross to watch, perhaps with exception of Arsenal v Spurs. Liverpool v Everton and Newcastle v Sunderland are up there with the worst football matches you'll have seen anywhere this season. The Manc derby was the usual anti-climax as are most EPL games. Give me La Liga, Bundesliga or Serie A any day.

I don't see how you can say the Manc Derby was the "usual" anti - climax. Yes this year's game wasn't great, but looking at the games since the 09/10 season, the vast majority have been great games.

At OT

25 March 2014 Old Trafford 0–3 Premier League 75,203

8 April 2013 Old Trafford 1–2 Premier League 75,498
23 October 2011 Old Trafford 1–6 Premier League 75,487
12 February 2011 Old Trafford 2–1 Premier League 75,322
20 September 2009 Old Trafford 4–3 Premier League 75,066

At City

2 November 2014 City of Manchester 1–0 Premier League 45,358
22 September 2013 City of Manchester 4–1 Premier League 47,156
9 December 2012 City of Manchester 2–3 Premier League 47,166
30 April 2012 City of Manchester 1–0 Premier League 47,253
10 November 2010 City of Manchester 0–0 Premier League 47,679
17 April 2010 City of Manchester 0–1 Premier League 47,019

In cups

7 August 2011 Wembley Stadium 2–3 FA Community Shield 77,169

8 January 2012 City of Manchester 2–3 FA Cup 3rd Round 46,808
16 April 2011 Wembley Stadium 1–0 FA Cup Semi-Final 86,549
27 January 2010 Old Trafford 3–1 League Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg 74,576
19 January 2010 City of Manchester 2–1 League Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg 46,067

Edited by Glasgowmancity

whats this about like?

Financial Fair play makes it nigh on impossible for any club to compete with the big boys. Chelsea and Man City would not be able to do what they have done now. Some may diasgree with someone turning up and throwing a few billion at a football club but it does make life more interesting !!

Financial Fair play makes it nigh on impossible for any club to compete with the big boys. Chelsea and Man City would not be able to do what they have done now. Some may diasgree with someone turning up and throwing a few billion at a football club but it does make life more interesting !!

Heard FFP described as the big rich clubs "pulling the ladder up behind themselves" which seems pretty accurate.

What should be a good thing isn't perhaps what it seems on the face of it.

Heard FFP described as the big rich clubs "pulling the ladder up behind themselves" which seems pretty accurate.

done with good intentions (giving them the benefit of the doubt here) but, we all know what road they pave !!!

Absolutely - City managed to grab on to the ladder as it was being lifted. All FFP does is put prices up for fans & continues the cartel of big clubs.