Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 249 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

But it's not just today that certain people have been obsessed with it is it. It's been omnipresent for the last 3 years. Let me put it this way, I long for the day when we can just get back to talking about the fitba.

And this isn't about the fitba? Sorry but this is everything to do with it.

TBF there are a lot of Tims who have made it their focus in life.Today's news is still worthy of a few days talking shite on here though.I know Larky always had his doubts but it would be interesting to hear some Teds view on Murray after todays ruling.

its not the' Tims', everybody is following this with interest, its a massive story.... Rangers are/were an institution as well as a football club.....

. although Rangers fans seem to think all non rangers fans are' tims',....

We would be equally as facinated if it was happening to Celtic.....

TBF there are a lot of Tims who have made it their focus in life.Today's news is still worthy of a few days talking shite on here though.I know Larky always had his doubts but it would be interesting to hear some Teds view on Murray after todays ruling.

Ach yer right, I know. Today's news is massive and does open the whole thing up again. I'll maybe just duck out of this (and the inevitable 30 other) thread for a wee while.

For the record I'm sure I posted some time ago that I blamed the vast majority of our current predicament on Murray. None of Whyte, Gree, Ahmed, Ashley or any of the other crooked s that have passed through the doors over the last 4 years would ever have been anywhere near the place if it wasn't for Murray's spectacular financial mismanagement.

Ach yer right, I know. Today's news is massive and does open the whole thing up again. I'll maybe just duck out of this (and the inevitable 30 other) thread for a wee while.

For the record I'm sure I posted some time ago that I blamed the vast majority of our current predicament on Murray. None of Whyte, Gree, Ahmed, Ashley or any of the other crooked s that have passed through the doors over the last 4 years would ever have been anywhere near the place if it wasn't for Murray's spectacular financial mismanagement.

Fair play,as an innocent bystander I've always thought Murray has got off lightly for his role in all this,hopefully that will change.

I long for the day when people get bored with this. Sadly I doubt I'll be alive to see it.

The only way we won't get bored is when Newco folds again and the gates are locked and the supermarket built. Until then we will keep going round in circles.

Another liquidation/administration event would be priceless.

J

Murray is to blame for running up the massive debts in the first place albeit these were being serviced and at the time were sustainable. He's also to blame for using the EBT scheme in the first place and then shiting his drawers when it seemed there was a possibility that it was illegal and might result in a massive fine/repayment of taxes. This caused him to drop his drawers to the first person who showed any serious interest in the club and flog the lot to Whyte for a quid. Whyte is then responsible for failing to pay PAYE and ultimately admin and liquidation. While administration was a direct result of Whyte's actions, I think HMRC might have been more receptive to a CVA if the BTC wasn't also hanging over us which they were confident of winning.

So in short, Whyte is responsible for the actions that ultimately led to Admin & Liquidation however none of this would have happened if Murray hadn't sold to him in the first place and the only reason he did this (IMO) was because he was terrified that they BTC was going to bite him on the arse. As far as I'm concerned Murray is as big a culprit in this as anyone else, if not bigger.

Fair play,as an innocent bystander I've always thought Murray has got off lightly for his role in all this,hopefully that will change.

Above something I posted back in September.

To TJ

There were plenty of us, albeit a large minority, that had Murray's card marked LONG ago. Some of us even stopped attending games whilst that charlatan was in charge, although granted that was one of several reasons for me.

FB is absolutely spot on. The years of mis-management, debt-mountains and ludicrous spending, no matter what path you follow, comes back to the door of one greedy, arrogant b@stard. Of course the majority of our support lapped it up at the time, which is why we will receive little sympathy now. No crying about that, I would be the same.

I see the club have issued a very short statement, distancing themselves from today's ruling. Sensible of course, but the lack of transparency, in general, is very worrying to me.

Feels like 4 years ago all over again, honestly dontt know if I've got the energy for it this time!!!

To TJ

There were plenty of us, albeit a large minority, that had Murray's card marked LONG ago. Some of us even stopped attending games whilst that charlatan was in charge, although granted that was one of several reasons for me.

FB is absolutely spot on. The years of mis-management, debt-mountains and ludicrous spending, no matter what path you follow, comes back to the door of one greedy, arrogant b@stard. Of course the majority of our support lapped it up at the time, which is why we will receive little sympathy now. No crying about that, I would be the same.

I see the club have issued a very short statement, distancing themselves from today's ruling. Sensible of course, but the lack of transparency, in general, is very worrying to me.

Feels like 4 years ago all over again, honestly dontt know if I've got the energy for it this time!!!

easy does it mate. enough of the self harming :wink2: stand back, do not engage and focus on the future ..

The mods are asking me about my comment but I cannot mind.

When did that original (cove Sheep?) big 'RFC goes bust' thread get locked? when they sent all the PMs out saying to 'move on' or words to that effect?

They don't seem to remember it.

Yeah the big thread got shut down, had a lot of good info on it.

Found it ADMIN4 : Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

"Recent contributors to various threads about Rangers have received the following by PM:-

"This message has been sent to you as you have posted in a Rangers related thread, the moderators are not taking sides nor are we saying that there was anything wrong with your posting.

The events surrounding Ibrox this year have undoubtedly yielded delight and anguish in equal measure albeit to fans of different clubs.

It is understandable that the issues have produced a whole mountain of discussion, banter and just plain piss-taking - countered by rigorous defence and vehement outrage. All meat and drink to football message boards such as this.
We believe, however, that there is one significant difference between this and other websites where these issues are being discussed.

That difference is that TAMB is a facility for Scotland Fans to meet and interact.

We have moderated these discussions with what we feel to have been fair and equitable judgements. You should be aware that the moderators do not announce what actions they have taken against any posters, nor do they expect posters in receipt of messages from moderators to discuss them.

Please let this note serve as a reminder that, in all probability, when you address another board member on here you will be addressing a fellow Scotland Fan and temper your posts accordingly.

It is every Administrator's, Moderator's and Member's responsibility to make sure that TAMB is a welcoming place for ALL Scotland fans to be comfortable in visiting."

It is felt that this particular thread has served its purpose and so it is being closed. Various issues included in this thread are being discussed elsewhere or can be the subject of a new thread.

Any thread about this thread being closed will itself be closed."

Edited by phart

The judges observe, caustically, that the principle is so glaringly simple and straightforward that it seems to have been overlooked by the tax tribunals.

Delivering the opinion of the court, Lord Drummond Young said it was "common sense" that income from employment should be subject to tax.

Today's court ruling will have no financial impact on Rangers, but questions will be asked about the possibility that the club gained an unfair sporting advantage during the years in question.

Lord Drummond Young himself said in his ruling that if the club hadn't operated the EBT scheme, some players "might well have taken their services elsewhere".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34720850

Might well have?

Oh well, if they might well have then that's it totally proved, isn't it?

You normally seem quite smart but on this occasion your fervent thirst for blood is blinding you to the stupidity of your own statement.

Roy Aitken might well have not taken a throw in for Rangers thereby causing the goal that cheated Celtic to a Scottish Cup win.

Alex Ferguson might have been caught making off the books payments to players at St Mirren and Aberdeen and been jailed.

I might get bored of typing this post.

These things didn't happen (or didn't not happen in big Roys case) and they can't be changed now as there no way to prove what the outcome would have been.