Celtic V Aberdeen - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic V Aberdeen

Can also add that Hayes going off injured was a key factor, he had the beating of Ambrose every time he had the ball and was our biggest attacking threat at that point.

Totally agree on Flood, time for him to move on.

Yeah, McGinn and Hayes both looked very dangerous early and i thought they had the beating of both Celtic full-backs.

I've had this discussion on here a few times, but I think Pawlett is completely wasted out wide. It's not his position and games totally pass him by. Would've been as well putting Goodie on for Hayes and shunting Rooney out wide against Ambrose.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched the highlights now:

- Considine's miss was pivotal IMO. If we go 1-0 up, it's a very different game.

- Denayer's goal is so frustrating. As has been mentioned, that's 3 goals we've lost in exactly the same way in 3 big games. Brown/McInnes need to learn from this and stop it happening again.

- It's frustrating how many fouls Brown gets to commit before being booked. He committed 3 professional fouls, solely to stop Aberdeen attacks, in the first half and avoided being booked for any of them.

- We didn't have to open up so much in the 2nd half, quite so early. It was only 1-0. If we'd played the same way in the 2nd half as the 1st, then we had a chance of getting something from the game.

- Celtic were outstanding on the break. Time and again in the 2nd half they opened us up and could've scored more, if Guidetti wasn't a complete donkey. A superstar in his own mind only.

- Flood was abysmal, yet again. My tolerance for him is rapidly disappearing.

League is over. We need to stay motivated and finish the season strongly. If we can keep Celtic's win to single digits, that'd be a great achievement.

Fair assessment apart from the comment about Brown. There were a lot of tackles flying in, that the ref let go unpunished. Flood, Griffiths and Ambrose should all have been booked in the first half I thought.

Fair assessment apart from the comment about Brown.

I disagree. I felt that on 3 occasions Brown cynically and deliberately fouled, solely to stop Aberdeen attacks.

I've only seen them at the game, so may have looked differently on TV I guess.

I disagree. I felt that on 3 occasions Brown cynically and deliberately fouled, solely to stop Aberdeen attacks.

I've only seen them at the game, so may have looked differently on TV I guess.

Fair enough m8, but I can't honesty mind them being that bad. The 3 I've just mentioned stand out more in my memory as bookings, which the ref obviously let go as well.

How many were killed in the riot Peever?

There was a few scuffles thank to the police not segregating the fans close to the ground after the game. Had one mink swing at me as he walked past.

I stayed until the end, came out and walked down onto London Road and straight into town. Quite a few Aberdeen fans with colours on walked all the way into town, something that I can't recall happening years ago. Generally had to hide colours. Never saw any bother whatsoever.

I stayed until the end, came out and walked down onto London Road and straight into town. Quite a few Aberdeen fans with colours on walked all the way into town, something that I can't recall happening years ago. Generally had to hide colours. Never saw any bother whatsoever.

The few scuffles I saw was on the way to where our buses were parked.

There was loads of handbags right outside the turnstyles. Nothing big though.

I walked to Carntyne after the game and to be fair to the Celtic Fans (first time for everything), there wasn't any trouble and they were all very complimentary about the Dons.

No pyro.