Glasgow - Night Before Germany Game - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Glasgow - Night Before Germany Game

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay folks, gonnae be in Glasgow with German TA pals on the Sunday night.....suggestions please, and where is open latest?

Iron horse is likely to be filled with TA. I'd imagine there'll be a few just flying into Glasgow after Georgia and staying there Sunday and Monday rather than going home then having to travel to Glasgow on the Monday. I am anyway

Okay folks, gonnae be in Glasgow with German TA pals on the Sunday night.....suggestions please, and where is open latest?

I will be meeting some german mates on the Sunday. Will probably just get hammered for 12 to save bothering about getting in anywhere late.

Maybe campus will have there usual TA night

That's on the night of the game - not the night before.

If you are west end, you could consider the Brewdog pub which I think is around the top end of Sauchiehall Street or possibly Oran Mor. Won't be anywhere up that end with a lot of Tartan Army. Sunday night would be hit and miss for lively sessions. What's Clarty Pats called these days - maybe you could do a pub crawl along Great Western Road and end up in there. Been years since I've been down that way though.

That's on the night of the game - not the night before.

If you are west end, you could consider the Brewdog pub which I think is around the top end of Sauchiehall Street or possibly Oran Mor. Won't be anywhere up that end with a lot of Tartan Army. Sunday night would be hit and miss for lively sessions. What's Clarty Pats called these days - maybe you could do a pub crawl along Great Western Road and end up in there. Been years since I've been down that way though.

Thought brew dog was argyle street beside kelvin hall? Too expensive for a long stay.

Thought brew dog was argyle street beside kelvin hall? Too expensive for a long stay.

I haven't been! I just know it's up around the area where Argyle St/Sauchiehall Street meet.

The pub ideas on this board are generally embarrassingly awful. I went on the Irish supporters board for a nosey and they were all bemused so many people had recommended the Gallowgate to them when we played them. They all thought the pubs were atrocious as they are.

For West End on Sunday there are 2 options.

1. Byres Road in this order.

-Three Judges to start. Loads of whiskies and ales. Always good atmosphere.

-Aragon. Good boozer. Quite small.

-Tennents. Good ale choice. Good size. Good mix of people. It's a must if tourists and west end.

-Curlers Rest. Bit smarter than other 3 but still a pub. Does decent food if you need a pit stop.

-Oran Mor. Impressive place inside. Always busy. "Think" bar is open later.

2. Great Western Road in this order.

-Start at Munros. Has St Mungo on tap and always 4 guest kegs and 4 guest casks.

-Landsdowne. Good food in here. Nice place. Feels like a hidden place.

-Inn Deep. Owned by Williams Bros so has their own excellent beers about £1 cheaper than other places plus guest beers. Food decent too.

-Coopers can be a pint pit stop. It's ok. Nothing to write home about.

- Belle View is nice. Quite small. Place with candles on table.

- Finish in Oran Mor

Looking at above I'd do Byres Road.

There is also Ashton Lane but I feel I'm too old for there & it has the most overrated pub in Glasgow of Jinty McGintys.

Edited by Alan

Some amount of perfumed discharge pubs getting named here!

In my defence, I only mentioned Clarty Pat's (or whatever it's called these days) because I know Claas of the Hamburg TA! If it's the pulling palace that it used to be, I'm sure he'd like it.