Benefit Fraud - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

When you know that someone is deliberately taking the piss what do you do? Never worked a day for at least 25 years, claiming carers allowance for looking after his wife who frankly is fit as a fiddle. Has engineered a situation where his name is on the tenancy of a four bedroom house that his grown kids are living in and he and his wife a living in a another local authority dwelling. None of his family work. Do you stand back and say good luck? or do you ask yourself why am I working 45 hours a week ? I get angry when migrants are picked on for wanting to come here and work hard for low wages when so called indigenous Brits feel a sense of entitlement to be supported by the state.

Just to add I have not grassed him up.

Edited by EddardStark

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

get a migrant to grass him up

you are quite correct - you hear some folk who have never worked in their life saying "I'm entitled" "my parents paid their taxes" "why shouldn't i have nice things " (42" Flat screen)

The way the media throw the term "flat screen TV" around when talking about people on benefits, migrants, prisoners as if it's some sort of luxury item cracks me up. It's impossible to get a TV these days that isn't a flat screen.

perhaps you should put your energy into condemning the bankers who took us the taxpayer for billions and the corrupt politicians who where complicit in one of the biggest scandals of all time but l guess the guy on the dole is easy pray don't get me wrong it is not right what this family are doing but just have a wee think to yourself

My only advice is, are you 100% sure that the knowledge you have is correct. complete and in total context.

Also if you're having to advice you already know the answer you just want a different one.

I have no intention of grassing to be honest. I am absolutely sure of the case though. Fair enough point in your second sentence. It sort of makes you wonder why do I bother working when life could be a lot more straightforward.

perhaps you should put your energy into condemning the bankers who took us the taxpayer for billions and the corrupt politicians who where complicit in one of the biggest scandals of all time but l guess the guy on the dole is easy pray don't get me wrong it is not right what this family are doing but just have a wee think to yourself

The guy is a insult to people on the dole who are genuinely looking for work. My moral compass is pretty consistent on corrupt bankers and the benefit cheats. Both are doing damage to those who need to money most.

Edited by EddardStark

On the TV front a lot of folk on the dole or on low incomes can't afford To go out and buy a TV outright and so have to use somewhere like bright house. OK so its only a few quid a week but once you add up how much they pay in the end it can work out to be 3 to almost 4 times the cost of buying the TV outright. It is the same for items we would class as essential such as fridges or washing machines. It also doesn't help that they only sell top line units and not the lower end of the range

Edit to say yes I think grass him up if he is screwing the system then he is the type that gives genuine folk on the dole a bad name and is used by the parasites at DWP to condone when they sanction folk

Edited by hunchy

He's not on the dole though he is on carers allowance. They take the money off the person you're caring for and give it you, and pay national insurance contributions on it. So he gets say £60 a week, if he stops carer allowance the £60 just goes back to the person being cared for.

When you become someones carer the treasury doesn't foot the bill it is taken off the entitlements of the cared for person. You either get the higher rate of disability payment of you have a carer and you get the lower amount and they get the carers allowance, and it works out roughly the same amount.

Ig he went on the dole the household would be the jobseekers amount better off each week/month.

Edited by phart

It sort of makes you wonder why do I bother working when life could be a lot more straightforward.

It raises my heckles too and I am aware of people who do work the system but you have to content yourself with the fact that you will have an overall better lifestyle than this person does.

They may sit work free in a decent house, TV etc but their lifestyle, generally, will be limited to repetitive behaviour and circumstances over and over again. Where as I get to go on great family holidays at home and abroad, go away with Scotland, music festivals, gigs, taking kids out to cinema, meals trips etc etc. You get the idea.

We have many choices on what can do with our free time when not working, its doubtful the benefit fraudster has all those options available to them.

So, given the choice, I would rather work Monday to Friday and earn myself the ability to do all those things than not work and have a very, I imagine, boring and limited lifestyle.

The worst thing to me with the whole disability benefit is from my experience it seems that those that need it struggle to get any help yet those that don't need it get everything handed to them. My mum spent the best part of 3 years trying to get help. Totally unable to work having to go to various hospitals upto 4 times a week can hardly walk the length of herself without aid but when the doc seen the report from atos they exploded as there was so much shit written. It wasn't until she developed breast cancer that the McMillan nurses were able to get her benefits sorted. And yet I know folk near my mum who are more than able to work who are given everything under the sun. Including one person who I went to school with who was given a bungalow all decorated and furnished but who spends all her time at her mothers 2 doors down. From talking to others in her family she is able to work no problem but just can't be arsed

When you know that someone is deliberately taking the piss what do you do? Never worked a day for at least 25 years, claiming carers allowance for looking after his wife who frankly is fit as a fiddle. Has engineered a situation where his name is on the tenancy of a four bedroom house that his grown kids are living in and he and his wife a living in a another local authority dwelling. None of his family work. Do you stand back and say good luck? or do you ask yourself why am I working 45 hours a week ? I get angry when migrants are picked on for wanting to come here and work hard for low wages when so called indigenous Brits feel a sense of entitlement to be supported by the state.

Just to add I have not grassed him up.

Can you forward me your details so I can report you?

Much obliged.

Grass.

As has been mentioned, benefit cheats and tax cheats are the same in my book.

However the tax avoidance/cheating is far worse and deprives the treasury of more revenue, and that's a fact.

A wee phone call from a pay phone is all it takes. Then it's up to the system to decide what happens.

Benefits are for people in genuine need (and I class working tax credits as "in need" as working wages are so shit) (but that's another story.)

People taking the piss should be held to account. Can't be arsed ain't an option. Trying my best but can't find work due to there not being any jobs is acceptable IMHO.

J

I have no intention of grassing to be honest. I am absolutely sure of the case though. Fair enough point in your second sentence. It sort of makes you wonder why do I bother working when life could be a lot more straightforward.

If you're not going to report it then you have to live with it. That's the moral choice. We're all part of the system of benefits through paying for it and voting for it. If we don't take our responsibility for making sure it's run well and people who take the piss are reported, then you kind of lose your right to complain about it in my view.

Obviously you have to take phart's point about being sure of your info first though.

Edited by biffer