Jim Murphy - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How?

Seems along the lines of I hate Alex salmond because I've been told by the media I should.

He's only vilified as he's exposed many unionist lies and now had the daily record held to account

He blocked me for sympathising with the victims of the Boston Marathon bombings calling me a racist for it. A couple of weeks ago he accused me of being in favour of domestic violence because I think we should be allowed to have a pint at the fitbaw. His views on certain things are mind blowingly extreme. If he disagrees with your views on a certain thing he will reply with vile abuse no matter how polite you are with him. He did a lot of good at the referendum and some of his stuff since has been excellent but he's constantly only a hair trigger away from dishing out serious abuse.

I drew the line when he called Duncan Hothersall a poof.

You can tell who should have their internet pass revoked if they're getting into worked up arguments with twitter denizens like Hothersall. He's like an automaton of Labour propaganda.

He blocked me for sympathising with the victims of the Boston Marathon bombings calling me a racist for it. A couple of weeks ago he accused me of being in favour of domestic violence because I think we should be allowed to have a pint at the fitbaw. His views on certain things are mind blowingly extreme. If he disagrees with your views on a certain thing he will reply with vile abuse no matter how polite you are with him. He did a lot of good at the referendum and some of his stuff since has been excellent but he's constantly only a hair trigger away from dishing out serious abuse.

There was another Tamber on here who said they were abused by him over a frivolous matter, I was trying to remember last night who it was... I think it was Reeky but can't be 100%

You can tell who should have their internet pass revoked if they're getting into worked up arguments with twitter denizens like Hothersall. He's like an automaton of Labour propaganda.

He's an utterly bizarre person. He won't deviate from Labour line... Even if he's openly disagreed on the subject previously. He's made no secret that he wants to stand for Labour in Holyrood, and in his mind abandoning all principles is the best way to achieve it. The Patricia Gibson of Labour.

I don't think Duncan is a snake through choice, I think he is so dim witted and naive that he actually believes the Labour line that he's been fed and in turn spouts.

It absolutely is through choice. It's what makes him so loathsome. I dont know any other politician who so brazenly, openly and, crucially, goes out of his way to publicly promote/defend/protect his party in absolutely every single circumstance. Especially on Twitter. I think the majority of politicians opt to keep a low profile when there's an issue with their party they are uncomfortable with because at some level we all have a conscience and we all know when to keep our mouths shut and take a hit. Not Duncan. He's a self-appointment, Twitter army of one for Labour and he doesn't care what arguments he gets into, who it's with, how long it takes, or how self-righteous he has to be - if the Labour Party is involved, he's all over it. There's no way he's dim or naive - he manages to engage with all sorts and stretch truth and tolerance to the absolute limit in order to win his point, but careful never, ever to resort to the outright abuse the likes of Ian Smart dishes out - it's how he justifies some moral high ground over everyone else.

I get the impression he's been good friends with some on the Yes side and I detect even some of them had had enough of him during the campaign but noone who knows him is willing to publicly tell him what an utter fool he's became. Ive been told on numerous occasions he's actually a decent guy in real life (and the occasions Ive seen him on TV confirms he's nowhere near as bad as his Twitter persona), but that only confirms what a manipulative, scheming c**t of a guy he is. I've actually felt sorry for him on occasion because I think he's a useful idiot for Labour - they know they can rely on him to engage with the worst kind on Twitter and always knowing not to say anything that will get the party in bother. But I find it hard to believe they don't mock him behind his back.

I stopped engaging with him on Twitter long ago but catch some exchanges going past and sometimes check out his profile to see what utter nonsense he's spewing, but nothing changes. Ordinarily, I wouldn't think twice about guys like him but it makes my skin crawl to see a politician like that at work. Politics is in the gutter because it breeds guys like him.

There was another Tamber on here who said they were abused by him over a frivolous matter, I was trying to remember last night who it was... I think it was Reeky but can't be 100%

He's an utterly bizarre person. He won't deviate from Labour line... Even if he's openly disagreed on the subject previously. He's made no secret that he wants to stand for Labour in Holyrood, and in his mind abandoning all principles is the best way to achieve it. The Patricia Gibson of Labour.

Hey, that approach didn't do his party (branch) leader any harm.

Credit to the Labour propaganda people though . It is starting to look increasingly like Wings was right on the money in the first place and more (the actress/nurse would appear to be the squeeze of a Holyrood Labour staffer) but they have managed to successfully neutralise what could have been yet another embarrassing gaffe.

Edited by scotlad

I don't think Duncan is a snake through choice, I think he is so dim witted and naive that he actually believes the Labour line that he's been fed and in turn spouts.

You're verging on being the Hothersall of the TAMB yourself.

More disingenuous than dim witted but still...

I think that Stuart Campbell is some sort of obsessive compulsive. His blog is all consuming to him and that is why you get such fantastic stuff from him but it is also why you get some extremely unhelpful shoot yourself in the foot stuff too: he is in a world where he knows best and ploughs on regardless. As soon as I read that nurse article I groaned as it was clear exactly what way it would go. Then when it does Campbell keeps going with it and won't let go.

He had a valid point to make in the article but the way he made it was always only going to be self defeating and end up detracting from the valid point he was making. Campbell can't seem to see the damage this causes. But as I said to get the good stuff I think you are always going to get the bad stuff which is really unfortunate.

Edited by Lamia

I think that Stuart Campbell is some sort of obsessive compulsive. His blog is all consuming to him and that is why you get such fantastic stuff from him but it is also why you get some extremely unhelpful shoot yourself in the foot stuff too: he is in a world where he knows best and ploughs on regardless. As soon as I read that nurse article I groaned as it was clear exactly what way it would go. Then when it does Campbell keeps going with it and won't let go.

He had a valid point to make in the article but the way he made it was always only going to be self defeating and end up detracting from the valid point he was making. Campbell can't seem to see the damage this causes. But as I said to get the good stuff I think you are always going to get the bad stuff which is really unfortunate.

He won the nurse argument.

I'm not sure why Scunnered is getting such a hard time for criticising Wings, the guy is constantly a hair trigger away from going mental on folk. His Blue Book was great, he is good a deconstructing arguments from politicians and journalists but his views on things away from independence and politics are just bonkers, he's quick to abuse folk (not just politicians) on Twitter and his website.

Some folk on here need to get some objective reasoning, they seem to see the sun shining out of anyone's arse that voted or campaigned for a Yes.

An excellent summary on Mr Campbell.

Interesting point there Lamia about him possibly being an obsessive compulsive. Personally though, I think he might be one of my aspie brothers !

Certainly one of the more hard hitting pro-Yes activists.

I'm not sure why Scunnered is getting such a hard time for criticising Wings, the guy is constantly a hair trigger away from going mental on folk. His Blue Book was great, he is good a deconstructing arguments from politicians and journalists but his views on things away from independence and politics are just bonkers, he's quick to abuse folk (not just politicians) on Twitter and his website.

Some folk on here need to get some objective reasoning, they seem to see the sun shining out of anyone's arse that voted or campaigned for a Yes.

Thats as maybe but Wings is excellent at picking the lies to pieces. Campbell is usually very quick at destroying unfactual arguments which are fed us by the establishment parties. His recollection of previous statements and archiving of complete rubbish spouted by these politicians is superb. i think for this he is invaluable. I have no doubt similar gaffs are made by the snp (all sides) but TBH I am glad Campbell is on the SNP's side.

he does seem slightly obsessed with destroying labour which i wonder at as labour are managing that themselves very well and he is a bit of a loose cannon, but his eye for exposing the lies and factual inaccuracies is superb.

Thank you kindly, but I don't feel I'm being given a hard time over this one.

I used to work with a fella who used to work with Campbell, and he assures me Campbell is a lovely bloke who doesn't behave the way he does offline... And his behaviour on Wings came as a big surprise to him.

If you look him up, Lewie Proctor... Lewie has a similar hard hitting style, only he deals specifically with injustice in the video game industry and corruption in video game media, but Lewie is always polite, and always courteous no matter the situation.

Campbell would do well to take tips from his former colleague on etiquette... In my humble opinion :)

I think we all agree he's a loose cannon, but he's fantastic at what he does.

OK, well let's pretend for a second he's not only preaching to the converted. The average Scot has been fed the Cybernat nonsense... Do you really want your main.source of information fitting that profile?

£32,255 raised already this morning so plenty of people - myself included - think he is doing a great job.

I think overall he does it is just a pity he has these big flaws. But as i said you probably wouldn't get the good stuff if he didn't have these flaws.

I think overall he does it is just a pity he has these big flaws. But as i said you probably wouldn't get the good stuff if he didn't have these flaws.

Im with you 100%. If the guy had any self-awareness, he'd be twice as effective. If you could take the Wings Over Scotland website, take the personal edge of it, and keep articles focused and to the point, I'd have no problem sharing more of his stuff with friends and family. As it is, I didn't his any of his stuff during the referendum because I knew many would find the personal attack stuff way over the top and it would do more damage than good, or I was concerned there was a serious implosion just round the corner with him.

There's no talking to him though.