Jeremy Clarkson - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I've just read that apparently Clarkston told a red top that he's enjoying a quiet pint and waiting for the fuss to blow over. He seems to think that punching someone because his dinner was late is ok and nothing to worry about, if I hooked someone at work I'd be done for assault! What an arrogant knob!

Yep.

All the folk going on about this being PC gone mad really do need to get a grip.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think they saw the success of the Sun's 'no tits in the Sun' scam Flure and thought, hey, we can try the same thing with Top Gear?

My first thought when I heard it yesterday was "must be a poor show this week that the production team are not happy with, and a scam to boost profile".......

Well Gary Lineker was meant to be on it so you could have a point...

Aye, I found this years Christmas Special REALLY boring, and only tuned in to see what all the fuss was about with them getting chucked out of Argentina over the car reg plate (clearly they were at it, because as soon as Clackson showed up in it the camera was straight on to the plate to show it off)

I only watched UK top gear for Clarkson, i don't take him at all serious and although his views are way out there I just shove him in the same class as frankie boyle... they other two whanks on TG have put me right off the show and prefer to watch the US version now, better cars, better presenters and a lot more entertaining these days

not seen any of the last two years on UKTG and if he did lamp some one then he should get more than just the sack... will i be bothered if he's never on TV again...not really

Maybe I'm being overboard on the scepticism but for some reason I think the petition has been started by the BBC as a way to get out of sacking JC. The money they make from top gear is unreal but without JC top gear wouldn't be the same. Suspend him then start a petition and have it talked about on all BBC outlets then more folk will sign it and JC comes back due to popular demand

Aye, I found this years Christmas Special REALLY boring, and only tuned in to see what all the fuss was about with them getting chucked out of Argentina over the car reg plate (clearly they were at it, because as soon as Clackson showed up in it the camera was straight on to the plate to show it off)

Aye, your right those two South American specials were dull as Dundee dishwater right enough. It's clear that they are running out of ideas now for it now.

Whatever ones views are on the Falklands issue, I thought the program seriously crossed the line by insulting the memory of Argentina's war dead with that stupid number plate. It was disgusting.

Whatever ones views are on the Falklands issue, I thought the program seriously crossed the line by insulting the memory of Argentina's war dead with that stupid number plate. It was disgusting.

It was a coincidence.

Having the plate "H982 FKL" is one hell of a coincidence alright.

It was deliberate, they knew what they were doing.

I missed this story. What is/was the significance of "H982 FKL"?

FKL = Falklands?

982 = surely not the number of Argentinian dead?