Selfie Sticks - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Anyone admit to using one of these? Have they taken off in Scotland yet? They seem to be everywhere now. Can't escape the things. You go to any tourist spot and there's some selfie type c*nt trying to take a picture that's 60% his head and the rest a monument. They're being banned by museums because c*nts were being annoying with their sticks. You can't walk down the street in Paris without some c*ntish group of tourists blocking the way with their selfie stick trying to get a photo of themselves drinking a glass of water at a cafe. I went to the zoo last week and there was a girl using her sefie stick to get her camera right in the face of some lizards. It enraged me. But in that typical British style I didn't say anything.

General selfie culture was bad enough but at least it didn't get in my way. Now it's started getting in my way (literally) and it's seriously pissing me off. Hopefully I'm not alone? This tweeter guy kind of captures my feelings towards the things https://twitter.com/selfstickprick

Anyone admit to using one of these? Have they taken off in Scotland yet? They seem to be everywhere now. Can't escape the things. You go to any tourist spot and there's some selfie type cuddly bunny rabbit trying to take a picture that's 60% his head and the rest a monument. They're being banned by museums because c*nts were being annoying with their sticks. You can't walk down the street in Paris without some c*ntish group of tourists blocking the way with their selfie stick trying to get a photo of themselves drinking a glass of water at a cafe. I went to the zoo last week and there was a girl using her sefie stick to get her camera right in the face of some lizards. It enraged me. But in that typical British style I didn't say anything.

General selfie culture was bad enough but at least it didn't get in my way. Now it's started getting in my way (literally) and it's seriously pissing me off. Hopefully I'm not alone? This tweeter guy kind of captures my feelings towards the things https://twitter.com/selfstickprick

I've never taken a selfie in my life, so any apparatus relating to it would be redundant.

What's your thoughts on the goPole?

Selfie stick for sporty c*nts.

No excuse for those either (unless you're good enough to get paid by red bull). Ski down the hill and enjoy it. Don't spend half of your holiday trying to get the best angle then expect us to say how amazing it looks.

How long have these things being going about? The only(few)times I've ever seen anyone using them in Tokyo has been tourists...And always tourists who look and sound like complete c'unts.

Quite recent thing (last year for me) and the most frequent user group seems to be the asian tourist. But those are mostly Chinese these days.

Not quite sure what folks obsession with talking pictures of themselves is. I find it quite strange. How many pictures if your pus do you actually want.

If you think its bad here its way worse in the far east. Was in Hong Kong last year and there was an epidemic.

Not quite sure what folks obsession with talking pictures of themselves is. I find it quite strange. How many pictures if your pus do you actually want.

I'm the same. I hate folk taking my photo. I would certainly never want to take one of myself. It's even more annoying when folk take your photo then plaster it on bookface and pish like that without your permission. Being a fairly ugly fuker I prefer to stay anonymous.

I'm the same. I hate folk taking my photo. I would certainly never want to take one of myself. It's even more annoying when folk take your photo then plaster it on bookface and pish like that without your permission. Being a fairly ugly fuker I prefer to stay anonymous.

i hate having my "soul stolen"

cant understand people who would rather take a photo than actually enjoy the experience they're having

but then again im not a "everybody look at me" person

Care to expand, Phart? ( For a simpleton like me).

I'm about to take a long soak in the bath, so i'll just post a link that explains it.

EDIT: i doubt your simple flora.

here is a selfie from the 20's

140305-museum-selfie-jms-1820_f2bdf6afa1

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/science-news/science-selfies-how-pictures-help-us-claim-our-identity-n45086

Edited by phart