The Stranglers & Rezillos At The Academy Sat Night - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Stranglers & Rezillos At The Academy Sat Night

It was unbelievably good. First time I've seen them since LIvingston Forum circa 1990. Never fancied it since Hugh left but Baz Warne does a mean impression.

Started with The Raven and Straighten Out - what's not to like? Couldn't believe they played I Feel Like a Wog - still sounds outrageous after nearly 40 years.

Last gig I went to at the Grand Hall was the Pogues in 1985 on the Rum, Sodomy and the Lash tour.

I was at the Glasgow gig on Saturday, which was great, spoke to a few people who'd been at the Killie gig and they said it was all the K&L punks from back in the day.

While queuing for the gents, a guy behind me uttered the immortal phrase. "Hurry up for fuxsake, I've got to empty my colostomy bag".

Edited by aaid

spoke to a few people who'd been at the Killie gig and they said it was all the K&L punks from back in the day.

Was pleased to hear it passed off without incident. Punk gigs I recall from Killie usually had a rammy or two.

While queuing for the gents, a guy behind me uttered the immortal phrase. "Hurry up for fuxsake, I've got to empty my colostomy bag".

:lol:

Queuing for the gents was the only drawback.

What does it hold, 3000? More? And there's room for five guys to pish at one time, having pushed back from the front which takes another ten minutes. It wouldnae happen at the Barras, that's all I'll say. They understand the male bladder.

What does it hold, 3000? More? And there's room for five guys to pish at one time, having pushed back from the front which takes another ten minutes. It wouldnae happen at the Barras, that's all I'll say. They understand the male bladder.

I was in the Barrowlands on Saturday night and whilst the bogs are huge it takes so long to get to them as the floor's so sticky

Been to few gigs there.

Ocean colour scene, Proclaimers and saw Kasabian play there last year weeks before the headlined Glastonbury.

Kasabian was in my top 5 gigs ever and I go to a lot of gigs!

I've been going to gigs regularly for nearly 40 years & Kasabian are right up there in my top 3.

Grand Hall?

Less than half that.1200.

http://www.visitscotland.com/info/see-do/palace-theatre-p231921

Edited by Squirrelhumper

You sure?

I'm sure there's two gents either side of the door.

You might be right. I only know of the one on your right as you go in. And so does everyone else given the length of the queues on Saturday. It's not easy when you're five pints deep and your seal is burst...