Getting Auld - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The lassie that sits next to me celebrated her 21st today. Which means she was 1 when I started working here!

Also just discovered that Sit Down by James was released 25 years ago. Not sure what happened but I could have sworn I was in my early twenties just recently!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

know the feeling my friend will be 50 in a fortnight but still think iam 21 lol

Yeah similar here. Hit 50 in 2017 and every time that 'stat' pops up I start laughing as it seems like I'm thinking about some other, well, old person and not me ! It helps that I look to be late 30s - honest that's what people tell me - and that I have a 3 and a 4 year old (He's 5 on Monday, where the fukc did THOSE 5 years go ?), and a drop dead gorgeous younger (5 years) Mrs. So life is good apart from this pesky ageing process thingy :ok:

Thing is..............my income is the best it's ever been, so why am I always skint ? Feel like I had more money when I was a poor student !

My boss was born when I was a teenager!!!

Hits home when you get into discussions about the great days of the 70s and 80s, to be met with blank looks...

Thing is..............my income is the best it's ever been, so why am I always skint ? Feel like I had more money when I was a poor student !

Welcome to parenthood! Edited by Toepoke

I wouldn't go back to being 21. I feel I reached mental and emotional maturity at 27/28 and everything else is just experience after that. I've never been happier or more settled than I am right now and think all those years of experience have allowed me to feel this way.

I wouldn't go back to being 21. I feel I reached mental and emotional maturity at 27/28 and everything else is just experience after that. I've never been happier or more settled than I am right now and think all those years of experience have allowed me to feel this way.

Aye but there is that annoying ticking sound that has started following you around all the time......

Aye but there is that annoying ticking sound that has started following you around all the time......

For a little while but it soon subsides. I look at the people around me that I admire and they are all ages with me. My life experiences have taught me what to appreciate and what to discard. I also enjoy being a mentor to younger colleagues (who don't actually realise how much I admire them). Aging comes with its rewards. And being honest with yourself, you're never going to be younger than you are right now so accept it. Helps having a partner 8 years younger I may add :D

For a little while but it soon subsides. I look at the people around me that I admire and they are all ages with me. My life experiences have taught me what to appreciate and what to discard. I also enjoy being a mentor to younger colleagues (who don't actually realise how much I admire them). Aging comes with its rewards. And being honest with yourself, you're never going to be younger than you are right now so accept it. Helps having a partner 8 years younger I may add :D

Ach go for it with the parenthood thing, it,s a blast ! If you and your partner do not have the option of DIY, then I am sure you would have no lack of willing 'donors' from this community of fine specimens. Just think, with all the designer embryo stuff you could produce a child with the intellect of Scunnered, the looks of Flora, the animal husbandry skills of Ormond, the financial acumen of aaaid, and the diplomacy skills of Admin 4. :)

Edited by killiefaetheferry

Ach go for it with the parenthood thing, it,s a blast ! If you and your partner do not have the option of DIY, then I am sure you would have no lack of willing 'donors' from this community of fine specimens. Just think, with all the designer embryo stuff you could produce a child with the intellect of Scunnered, the looks of Flora, the animal husbandry skills of Ormond, the financial acumen of aaaid, and the diplomacy skills of Admin 4. :)

You've misunderstood, I've got a 19 year old. I thought you meant the ticking of the old age creeping up! I'm waaay past the broody stage now. I'm just starting to live life again!

And don't forget the wit and charm of other TAMBers.

:D

The lassie that sits next to me celebrated her 21st today. Which means she was 1 when I started working here!

Also just discovered that Sit Down by James was released 25 years ago. Not sure what happened but I could have sworn I was in my early twenties just recently!!

My wife wasn't born when I bought my 1st underage pint in a pub. And I always looked young