Sir William Wallace Monument St Barts - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sir William Wallace Monument St Barts

• 2 months later...

Planning a wee visit on June 3rd..Get into Victoria at 0700 and the Willow Walk at Victoria doesn't sell Strongbow until 0900 so going to nip along and have a wee whisky, before making way to Gatwick - Anybody else passing through that way, that morning, hopefully see you there for a wee pilgrimage and dram.........In Gord We Trust.

31 minutes ago, kevymac said:

Planning a wee visit on June 3rd..Get into Victoria at 0700 and the Willow Walk at Victoria doesn't sell Strongbow until 0900 so going to nip along and have a wee whisky, before making way to Gatwick - Anybody else passing through that way, that morning, hopefully see you there for a wee pilgrimage and dram.........In Gord We Trust.

but it sells other cider before 9am? bizarre.

i emailed the place and the Manager replied saying alcohol is sold from 0900 but open at 0700.....makes sense as seen it in other Wetherspoons....if anybody knows of an earlier shop, let me know.......tbh, I didn't go looking around, it was just that pub is next to Victoria.....

3 hours ago, kevymac said:

i emailed the place and the Manager replied saying alcohol is sold from 0900 but open at 0700.....makes sense as seen it in other Wetherspoons....if anybody knows of an earlier shop, let me know.......tbh, I didn't go looking around, it was just that pub is next to Victoria.....

There's quite a few pubs that open early - and sell alcohol - around Smithfield because of the meat market.