Snp Deputy Leadership Contest - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Snp Deputy Leadership Contest

Whether Salmond is standing in Westminster is pretty important in this vote. Hosie as deputy is kinda pointless if Salmond shows up in the Westminster village in May. For this reason, and others, a Westminster deputy doesn't really make sense for me. Constance and Brown will be my 1/2, just not sure in what order yet.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether Salmond is standing in Westminster is pretty important in this vote. Hosie as deputy is kinda pointless if Salmond shows up in the Westminster village in May. For this reason, and others, a Westminster deputy doesn't really make sense for me. Constance and Brown will be my 1/2, just not sure in what order yet.

I'm beginning to think this way too.

Was a struggle. Like them all and will have no complaints with who wins

Went for

Constance

Brown

Hosie

Mainly because Constance is most unlikley to win of the three

Make your own mind up:

http://www.referendumtv.net/reftv-in-conversation-with-angela-constance-msp/

http://www.referendumtv.net/reftv-in-conversation-with-keith-brown-msp/

http://www.referendumtv.net/reftv-in-conversation-with-stewart-hosie-mp/

After 3 hours of political interviews, I went with alphabetical order.

I like Keith. He's capable, reliable, does the job he's given and seems like a person rather than a politician. .

I watched and did the same

Stewart Hosie elected as Deputy Leader. Have to say Im quite surprised by this. Thought an MSP was certainty, most likely Keith Brown. I had Hosie last of the three.

I never thought it would be anybody else. Easy to say that now I suppose. :lol: Is there a breakdown of how the voting went and how close it was?

As has been said before, we were voting for deputy leader of the SNP. We weren't voting to elect the Deputy First Minister.

This is purely a party position. It does seem a bit confusing to some though. Had Constance won deputy leader she wouldn't have been deputy first minister. There will now be a different deputy fm, my money is on Brown. As I said a week or so ago I thought Hosie would become deputy leader and Brown deputy fm.

What confuses things further is that Hosie doesn't want to be the leader of the Westminster group. He wants Robertson to remain as that. And if Salmond becomes an mp he probably wouldn't take the position in name but would be the de-facto leader of the group in a sense

This is purely a party position. It does seem a bit confusing to some though. Had Constance won deputy leader she wouldn't have been deputy first minister. There will now be a different deputy fm, my money is on Brown. As I said a week or so ago I thought Hosie would become deputy leader and Brown deputy fm.

What confuses things further is that Hosie doesn't want to be the leader of the Westminster group. He wants Robertson to remain as that. And if Salmond becomes an mp he probably wouldn't take the position in name but would be the de-facto leader of the group in a sense

Herald reckons John Swinney will be DFM