Alexander Elliot Salmond - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Alexander Elliot Salmond

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They burn people who have made the news regularly in the previous year. They did Chris Hoy recently, I think...

According to the EBC "Another society is to burn an effigy of former European Commission president Jose Manuel Barroso.

An effigy of David Cameron holding a "puppet Nick Clegg" was burned in Lewes in 2010. Other past effigies built and burnt in Lewes include Osama Bin Laden, Tony and Cherie Blair, Gordon Brown, Edwina Currie, John Prescott, Mario Balotelli, Wayne Rooney, Lance Armstrong, Russell Brand, Katie Price, Jacques Chirac and Saddam Hussein."

Strange times we live in, I dare say if for a laugh you emailed, texted or tweeted that one of the above should be burnt you'd be in trouble with the police but burning an effigy of them in public is perfectly acceptable. It woyuld certianly be on the front pag of the Daily Mail or the record if images of Unionist MPs were being publicly burned.

It's in wealthy, comfortable, Tory/Ukip voting territory. They live in a world of their own. Us complaining, ungrateful Scotch chappies should know our place and shut up. In their mind, if anything's from somewhere North of Hertfordshire or South of Dover it should either be burned or thoroughly sterilised beforehand.

It's in wealthy, comfortable, Tory/Ukip voting territory. They live in a world of their own. Us complaining, ungrateful Scotch chappies should know our place and shut up. In their mind, if anything's from somewhere North of Hertfordshire or South of Dover it should either be burned or thoroughly sterilised beforehand.

The worst part of it all is that they are using Scotland's oil to ignite the fire. :(

That is really ed up.

Is that the 45% and thistles they burning as well?

Aye, the Salmond effigy has a 45% badge and a Yes badge on. They've also got Nessie involved.

If I'd have known about this earlier, I'd have stood on Eck's heed.

Why does Scotland bother about this Guy Fawkes pish anyway? It was an English Parliament at the time, as we were a normal country.

And don't forget that Guy Fawkes himself said his objective was "to blow you Scotch beggars back to your native mountains."

Charming.

Just phoned Sussex Police. They advised me that the effigy has been withdrawn from the parade and will not be burned. The switchboard operator was very apologetic. Hope the fooking council and these bonfire knobs get their comeuppance.