Berlin Or Munich - November - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Berlin Or Munich - November

BMan

Looking to go away for a long weekend with the Mrs for her birthday and looking at either Berlin or Munich. Can you give me advice on which one to choose?

Also recommend any decent hotels worth staying at?

Thanks

I'd go for Berlin if you're travelling in November. Munich really comes into its own in summer though.

Was last in Berlin in September with work and stayed in the Courtyard by Marriott Berin Mitte. Good hotel and central location - couldn't fault it. Seems to be reasonably priced, especially with the Euro slipping against the £.

Have also stayed at the 'Park Inn by Radisson Berlin Alexanderplatz' - it's the towering building right next to the East German TV tower (the TV tower looks like an olive on a cocktail stick). Again a decent hotel and very central.

Berlin every time, although Munich is pretty good as well.

I've also stayed in the Park Inn and can recommend it. Go up to the rooftop bar for some fantastic views of the city, I think there is a minimal cover charge.

If you want a little taste of Bavaria in Berlin, there is a big new Hofbrauhaus on Karl-Leibnicht Strasse, 2 minutes from the Park Inn.

As all the others have said, would be Berlin for me. Went in November 2013 for a long weekend before heading to Molde for the Norway friendly. Was a cracking city.

Squad of us stayed in the Park Inn by Radisson at Alexanderplatz. Was a handy HQ for seeing the city and some decent bars round about.

Berlin.

Easy connection by train from Berlin-Schonefeld Airport to the City centre.

Plenty of history to look at. Checkpoint Charlie , Brandenberg Gate , Berlin Wall.

'Topography of Terror' exhibition is well worth a look. Very sobering!

Have a look on Tripadvisor at things to do in Berlin.

'Ramones Museum' Was a favourite of mine if you're into the Ramones ;)

Berlin for me.Go every december for wander around xmas markets which usually start last week in november.

Stay in Radisson blu. Great hotel in great position.Prices vary for hotel,so pick site that lets you cancel and rebook.Flights from Glasgow..