Atp World Tour 2015 - Page 8 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Atp World Tour 2015

min

He's (Edmund) playing Kyrgios in the next round so could actually face Murray in R3 if he manages to get the better of the Aussie!

I can't see him beating Kyrgios who is actually younger than Edmund. Kyrgios is tipped by many to be a slam winner in coming years and he's already beaten Nadal in his time.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea what time Murray is playing

I'd guess about 2.00pm, but impossible to be sure. All depends how long the first two matches on centre court last.

Murray through but dropped a set in the process. Sousa is in decent form though as reached a clay court final last weekend so it is no massive surprise. Murray must up his game against Kyrgios in the next round though as he is far more dangerous and talented player.

Kyrgios far more talented than Sousa but his game is more suited to hard court and grass. Murray should come through this and then I imagine play Geffen? He's getting tough matches but not having to be at his best. That's not a bad thing for the first week of a grand slam tournament.

Murray first up today, so about to arrive on court. His first real test at RG - looking forward to this one!

Kyrgios is a tremendous prospect, but at the moment

Murray should be too strong...hopefully!

1st set to Murray 6-4

I think he will win today but I can't see him beating ferrer on clay. I know he's on form but ferrer has the better of him on clay, Id love him to do It but to win this tourney he will need to overcome ferrer who is a different beast on clay, one of nadal or djockovic then probably federer. Far too too much to overcome them all.

1st set to Murray 6-4

I think he will win today but I can't see him beating ferrer on clay. I know he's on form but ferrer has the better of him on clay, Id love him to do It but to win this tourney he will need to overcome ferrer who is a different beast on clay, one of nadal or djockovic then probably federer. Far too too much to overcome them all.

Ferrer has been poor this season. He's won a couple of 250 tournaments, but his ranking has been dropping. I think age is catching up to him and this will be his last year.

Ferrer has been poor this season. He's won a couple of 250 tournaments, but his ranking has been dropping. I think age is catching up to him and this will be his last year.

I agree. Add to that the fact that Andy is probably playing the best clay court tennis of his career then I'd be disappointed if Murray loses to Ferrer but first of course Andy and David have to get there. :wink2:

Chardy has played very well but believe that has a lot to do wth Andy not hitting the lines and leaving shots in the hitting zone. Chardy thrives on that. Anyway Andy now a couple of breaks up in the fourth set so looks assured of a quarter-final place now. Next up will be David Ferrer and that will be a tough match for Andy who has never beaten Ferrer on clay.

Never beaten Ferrer on clay before - but before today he'd never beaten Chardy on clay either.

Yes he had. He beat Chardy in Rome 6-4 6-3 a couple of weeks ago.

Murray safely through in four sets but you feel he'll need to go up through the gears to beat David Ferrer. More aggression and more in command of points.