Joanne Calderwood (Undefeated Mma Fighter) - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Joanne Calderwood (Undefeated Mma Fighter)

phart

Not sure how many folk follow MMA, new weight division has been opened by the UFC and Joanne Calderwood is an undefeated prospect and pretty popular as well it seems. She's from Lanark i think. From what i've seen and read she has an excellent attitude and impresses everyone. I hope she gets her next fight soon.

Joanne%2BCalderwood%2BFace%2BFront%2BKic

"After an eventful 2014, Joanne Calderwood was voted the WMMA Press Awards “Fan Favorite Fight of the Year”. This was the only award that was voted by the public.

Calderwood took the award with 15% of the vote, with Tonya Evinger (11%) and Ronda Rousey (10%) taking second and third respectfully.

The Scottish standout was a contestant on “The Ultimate Fighter 20″ and is still undefeated in her MMA career.

We talked to Calderword about winning the award and her 2014."

https://wombatsports.wordpress.com/2015/01/14/joanne-calderwood-takes-wmma-press-fan-favorite-award-2014/

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/scotland-blog/2012/nov/05/scotland-women-cagefighting

• 2 weeks later...

so Anderson silva is popped for 2 anabolic steroids which isn't surprising to me as i'm a jaded can't. However it is shocking as he's thought of as probably the greatest fighter in UFC history in top 3 anyway.

Nick Diaz also tested positive for weed, which he has done 2 times before. So no surprises there, although without a blood test they cannot confirm when he took it so might be greater than 12 hours before the event which is the definition for "in-competition".

Seen she competed in a series of ultimate fighter which was to decide who would be the first female champion. Think she came third but don't quote me on that. And yes as squirrel says she is a good Killie fan

• 2 months later...

learn yer defence hen

aye went back in a straight line off punches then got caught with an arm bar, after opponent pulling guard. Looks like the ranking are a bit messed up, that's 2 straw weight fights i've seen one the champion getting blown out and then JoJo, both the higher ranked fighter looking a few rungs below the challenger,

• 1 month later...

UFC 187 tonight, some really cracking march-ups which are also championship fights, plus a mega undercard.

Basically 9 interesting fights for me when normally between 1-4.

Was a great card best i've seen in a while, the heavyweight fight was absolutely crazy, and the two title fights were really good as well, my heart was pounding like feck in the first 30 seconds of weidman vs belfort.

• 2 weeks later...