Cheltenham - Page 7 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was 450 down for the week, but a £2 placepot up today narrowed losses to £250 total, ( including £400 loss on ante post )

Cheltenham post mortem.

Willie Mullins is killing ante post betting. With it hard to define a definitive target in the novice races. As cometh the day, there is no value at all.

Also owners running horses in wrong races, just to have a runner in every race, and trainers not running horses against each other. But hey ho. It is what it is, and it's their horses.

Still some good value winners to be had this week. Backing Mullins blind today, would have yielded a 25/1 and 7/1 winner.

And most of all good racing, with some breath taking performances.

Well done to all winners, and the countdown commences to next year.

Best week of the year.

Next racing for myself is bangor on dee, on Saturday week. Back to the bread and butter of racing. Can't beat it.

Normality returns here tomorrow. Been a great week though. Only 49p down for the week, so can't complain! Definitely going to take some time off next year and head up to the course for at least one of the days.

Not long back from Cheltenham and despite not winning a bean I've got to say that was fantastic. Pleasantly surprised actually

I don't think I seen anyone who had had far too much to drink. I was fearing that it would be full of drinks with no interest in the racing. But to be fair plenty people in the crowd seemed pretty knowledgeable about the racing.

Well organised too. Buses and trains were no problem at all.

My horses came nowhere though but that didn't detract from a great day at the races.

I only went because I thought it would be a box to tick so to speak, but next year is now in my mind....

Not long back from Cheltenham and despite not winning a bean I've got to say that was fantastic. Pleasantly surprised actually

I don't think I seen anyone who had had far too much to drink. I was fearing that it would be full of drinks with no interest in the racing. But to be fair plenty people in the crowd seemed pretty knowledgeable about the racing.

Well organised too. Buses and trains were no problem at all.

My horses came nowhere though but that didn't detract from a great day at the races.

I only went because I thought it would be a box to tick so to speak, but next year is now in my mind....

:ok:

Unlike Aintree at the National it's well set up to handle the numbers (a more 'racing' crowd too). I recommend Champion Hurdle day.

I didnt really enjoy it this year mainly down to Annie Power's fall at the last on the Tuesday. It should have paid for the whole week for a lot of folk including me which goes well against the grain.

Doubt punters will ever be as lucky (or unlucky as the case may be) again but on reflection who is to say the powerhouse that is Willie Mullins wont have a stronger team next year but 4 "shoe ins" on the first day is unlikely.

Have to agree with Charlie - the Tuesday is definitely the best day which should be followed by the Friday

Think i'll give the Wednesday & Thursday a miss next year

Gold Cup day was wasted this year by the change in the weather & going