The Masters - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Masters

dan cake

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stenson, McIlroy, Johnson, Speith, Watson, Sergio, Scott, Day, Oosthuizen, Horschel, Fowler, Reed and Kaymer will all be in the running at some point over the 4 days. It is shaping up to be a superb few days of Golf.

Edited by BremnerLorimerGray

What's the story with the young Scottish laddie Neil? I caught a tiny bit on the golf channel here about him being an amateur.

Aye, he's an amateur. He qualified for the Masters by winning the British Amateur.

Aye, he's an amateur. He qualified for the Masters by winning the British Amateur.

There's a sweepie doing the rounds here at my local golf club and boozer. Prizes throughout for various feats including a player making the cut. Do you think he has much chance of making that cut? Where is he from?

There's a sweepie doing the rounds here at my local golf club and boozer. Prizes throughout for various feats including a player making the cut. Do you think he has much chance of making that cut? Where is he from?

He plays at Rosemount in Blairgowrie. Not sure about making the cut though. That would be a big achievement. The last British amateur to do that was Peter McEvoy, which was a wee while ago. He is playing with Sandy Lyle in the first 2 rounds, which I think is a nice touch from the organisers.

He plays at Rosemount in Blairgowrie. Not sure about making the cut though. That would be a big achievement. The last British amateur to do that was Peter McEvoy, which was a wee while ago. He is playing with Sandy Lyle in the first 2 rounds, which I think is a nice touch from the organisers.

Played on that course a few years ago. Good to see he's a local lad for me then. :ok:

If there's a wager for best amateur score, put your funds on that. He's a class act.

As per the link I put on earlier about my mate who was in a similar scenario, I'm nae sure about him making the cut. I always remember big Stevie saying when he got back "The practice rounds are alright, but when it starts, it blows yer phuqqing heid aff".