The Masters - Page 7 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Masters

dan cake

Aye, that was some performance from Spieth. It'll be interesting to see what the next few years bring.

Mark O'Meara's tournament was impressive: two rounds of 68 from a 58 year old.

All that elitist toss at Augusta gets on my thrupennies though.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice guy, great player, congratulations lad :ok:

Is Augusta getting easier or is it down to improved play?

And when did Hazel move to the States? Derek Rae would be proud of that accent...

I wouldn't say Augusta is getting easier,IMO it's the technology that so advanced nowadays.

The course is being lengthened,trees and hazards added in,but on the 2nd hole tonight,the commentator mentioned that Rory's first 2 drives were somewhere in the region of 700 odd yards combined.

They would never do that with the old balls and clubs.

The low scores this year was more down to course condition rather than it becoming easier. There was a lot of moisture around and humidity which made the greens the slowest I can ever remember them. It meant that putts that were missing were only ending up six feet away instead of twenty feet as they normally do at Augusta. Also balls hit banks and clung due to moist ground whereas in the past they would have rolled back into water or back off the green.

Had Rose to win without Speith after day 2 so got 30 quid back on that, McIlroy from the start e/w so a mighty 9 quid back there too.

Gutted a I usually back Phil every tournament and I fancied a change. E/w on him would a been not bad either.