Hibs V Hearts - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

had to follow the game on twitter yesterday as was at Wembley for the Falcons game. Jambo mates were awfy quiet during the game. Heard they were celebrating like they had won the league at the end getting a draw. How Wee team like.

had to follow the game on twitter yesterday as was at Wembley for the Falcons game. Jambo mates were awfy quiet during the game. Heard they were celebrating like they had won the league at the end getting a draw. How Wee team like.

:-))

you should have really been out of sight by half time, some poor finishing by your strikers

that was nothing, you will see how we celebrate winning the league on 11th April ;)

Dodged a bullet yesterday - Derby game, away, howling gale, a few players half-fit. Hibs were better than expected, and (although much of it was huffing and puffing to no very great effect) clearly should have won. Being Hibs of course they contrived not to, which is and was pleasing. McGeough and Allan bossed the midfield, but they are lightweight up front. For us Wilson shouldn't have started, and I'm told Sow and Gomis were both 50/50 too. Al Hassnaoui just isn't match fit, we need the movement of Carrick or Keatings alongside Sow not Al Hassnaoui's laboured trundling. If we can achieve parity with Hibs and Rangers in our remaining games against them (not easy but certainly possible) we'll win the championship. Could do with a few less injuries, but that applies to everyone.

Edited by Pool Q

Poorest performance I've seen in some time from Hearts, as Pool Q says, a number of players not fit and Eckersley, he's got to be the poorest player I've seen in a Hearts jersey since Fraser Mullen. Lucky but what a belter! What is it with Hibs? they just can't can they!? :lol:

Not impressed with Al Hassnaoui at all, saying that Sow missed a sitter too and looked laboured and missing a decent first touch.

Poorest performance I've seen in some time from Hearts, as Pool Q says, a number of players not fit and Eckersley, he's got to be the poorest player I've seen in a Hearts jersey since Fraser Mullen. Lucky but what a belter! What is it with Hibs? they just can't can they!? :lol:

Not impressed with Al Hassnaoui at all, saying that Sow missed a sitter too and looked laboured and missing a decent first touch.

I thought Eckersley was one of our better players yesterday, made a few good challenges that stopped a goal in the first half, his distribution does let him down though.

I was surprised that El Hass got the start, i thought Holt would have played in the middle instead of him to help us boss the midfield

the break has come at a good time for us though and hopefully we will see a match fit Sow, El Hassanoui, Pallardo and Wilson for the Raith game as well as the return of Keatings, Carrick in the coming weeks.

One of the things that annoyed me the most about Eckersley (apart from his silly name) is that he couldnae cross fer $hit yet he kept getting set pieces, I know Patersons good in the box wi his heid but what's the point of the supply is pish!? huge, looped floaty pish straight to the keeper yet when Paterson came in from the right he was battering the ball across low and hard.. a proper cross. Aye, no impressed at all with Izzy, hope he can prove me wrong but I don't think he's anywhere near good enough.

Good bit in the Record by Robbo about 30 years of derby domination

around the same time i started going to game too

Hearts in competitive games vs Hibernian
from 1983-84 to 2014-15
P123 W56 D44 L23
W45% D35% L18%
F175 A113

1 Robertson John 27 goals in 55 apps

2 Hartley Paul 8 goals in 15 apps

3 Clark Sandy 7 goals in 15 apps

3 Derek George Riordan 7 goals in 24 apps

5 Garry Lawrence O'Connor 6 goals in 18 apps