More Tories Mp's In Scotland? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

More Tories Mp's In Scotland?

Does anyone else feel there will be more Tory MP's in Scotland after the next general election?. Labour is dead in Scotland. Most No voters won't vote SNP, which leaves the unionist choice of conservative. They are already planning to target scottish voters....

Another kick in the teeth for us. Not only did we vote no, but we could get more Tories.....

Definitely The Indy debate got the tories out.. there aint 2 million Labour voters here...

Lib Vote collapsing all over and Labour phukked...

Would be ironic if it was the Scottish who gave Cameron enuf tories to win next years election..

and wee ruthie had a guid referendum...

I phukkin hate the tories btw, but I think they are coming back , the old and the selfish voted NAW now they will vote Tory.....

Think somewhere like Argyll and Bute will probably go to the Tories. Edinburgh West might be another, West Aberdeenshire and Kincardine as well. Michael Moore's seat in Berwickshire, Roxburgh and Selkirk could maybe just go to them too.

The SNP really have to watch Banff and Buchan too, the Tories made a sizeable dent in the SNP majority there in 2011.

Jim Murphy's seat must be a possibility. I, for one, would welcome it.

The Tory vote will go up here in East Ren but Murphy's got a job for life here sadly. Plenty of la-di-da kunts here in Newton Mearns and elsewhere in Clarkston, Busby and Giffnock think the sun shines out of the lanky lying s .......

And there's loads of "Ma Da voted Labour and so did his Da, so I'll just vote fir them" types in Barrhead which gives Labour a healthy boost also.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

My dad voted no and he'll vote SNP next time. They do a decent job running the country in his opinion. FFS.

I think that's entirely understandable and logical.

He thinks that as a party of government in Holyrood the SNP have done a good job. But he wants to remain part of the UK.

I can see his thinking. I don't agree with it. But I can understand it.

Argyll & Bute could be a genuine four horse race. It's been LD since 1987 but that must be under threat in May. Tories were second in 2010 and will fancy this I reckon.

Labour were third last time and have a good candidate. I also think the percentage of labour 'yes' vote will have been lower than in the labour heartlands so they might not be hurt as much as they hopefully will be in Glasgow, North Lanarkshire and West Dunbartonshire.

SNP were fourth on 18% last time and will hope to pick up the Yes effect. Mike Russell is the MSP.

Could be close.

Going by the referendum they wont have any bother in banff and buchan, from what i have heard fraserburgh was 76% yes peterhead was yes, mintlaw was yes amongst other yes towns in the region... I heard fraserburgh had the highest yes vote in the country?

Think somewhere like Argyll and Bute will probably go to the Tories. Edinburgh West might be another, West Aberdeenshire and Kincardine as well. Michael Moore's seat in Berwickshire, Roxburgh and Selkirk could maybe just go to them too.

The SNP really have to watch Banff and Buchan too, the Tories made a sizeable dent in the SNP majority there in 2011.

The Tory vote will go up here in East Ren but Murphy's got a job for life here sadly. Plenty of la-di-da kunts here in Newton Mearns and elsewhere in Clarkston, Busby and Giffnock think the sun shines out of the lanky lying s .......

And there's loads of "Ma Da voted Labour and so did his Da, so I'll just vote fir them" types in Barrhead which gives Labour a healthy boost also.

Argyll & Bute could be a genuine four horse race. It's been LD since 1987 but that must be under threat in May. Tories were second in 2010 and will fancy this I reckon.

Labour were third last time and have a good candidate. I also think the percentage of labour 'yes' vote will have been lower than in the labour heartlands so they might not be hurt as much as they hopefully will be in Glasgow, North Lanarkshire and West Dunbartonshire.

SNP were fourth on 18% last time and will hope to pick up the Yes effect. Mike Russell is the MSP.

Could be close.

OK. You're down to your last fiver. And you HAVE to put a bet on the outcome. Where's it going?

Aye, the Tories really threw everything at that seat in 2010 and achieved on hell of a swing (this was no doubt due, in part, to the fact that the MP standing down was a certain Mr A Salmond). I just hope Eilidh Whiteford's done enough to win the trust of her constituents.

I think the hard core Tory vote will hold out in Scotland, but a lot of 'floating' unionists might gravitate towards Labour to tactically keep the SNP out. My concern is that they might make up the shortfall of any traditional Labour voters moving from Labour to the SNP.

I also wonder how the other Yes parties will play it. Neither the Greens, the SSP or Solidarity picked up too many votes in 2010 but in some seats it could just take a few hundred votes to swing it. I wonder, then, if they will decide against fielding candidates in seats where the SNP have a good chance of winning, to avoid splitting the Yes vote.

There's a lot of hatred and resentment against the SNP for not curling up and dying after the referendum. That hatred will only increase amongst some now that the party is seen to be attracting a huge number of people who haven't given up on the idea of another referendum within a short period of time.

The GE next year will almost certainly attract a higher turnout due to the leftover feeling from the referendum, and I have no doubt that the Tory vote in Scotland will increase on the back of newly discovered Unionism and/or a desire to keep the SNP out.

Whether it'll be enough to gain any more seats, I'm not sure. Most probably in Lib Dem areas I'd imagine.