Edinburgh Clubs Playing The Same Day As Scotland ? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Edinburgh Clubs Playing The Same Day As Scotland ?

jts73

I see the SFA have maintained the Hibs and Hearts fixtures the same day as the Georgia game but postponed the Rangers tie

Strange they are asking supporters of two teams that always support Scotland in decent numbers to choose between club and country

Not the most clever move by the SFA who can’t be that keen to sell tickets

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/fixtures

Hearts are at Alloa so i think we are only getting 2000 tickets so it wont affect it that much

I thought the Hibs fans were boycotting at the moment anyway so the Scotland game will give them something to do on a saturday.

i see the cowdenbeath v Rangers game has been postponed, what happened to the other championship games that day?

Should be a rule that there are no SPFL games on an international game day anyway. Fans shouldnt have to choose.

Should be a rule that there are no SPFL games on an international game day anyway. Fans shouldnt have to choose.

Agree..... remember during the Vogts years a East Stirling v Morton game clashed with a Wednesday night Scotland friendly, and met up in Glasgow with a few mates who support Morton on their way to Falkirk.... because of the atmosphere in the pub, they ditched the Morton game and went to the Scotland game, where we got tanked and I think Morton had a comfortable win.

Edited by wanderer

Hearts are at Alloa so i think we are only getting 2000 tickets so it wont affect it that much

I thought the Hibs fans were boycotting at the moment anyway so the Scotland game will give them something to do on a saturday.

i see the cowdenbeath v Rangers game has been postponed, what happened to the other championship games that day?

away with yer pish. We are on a sabbatical. Big team crowds back after a couple more wins.. :-))

There shouldnt be club games when scotland are at home and when we played in germany there was no club games at all and that was away from home on a SUNDAY.You couldnt make it up.

Edited by HIGHTOWER 1314

Do they not want people who are inte fitba to watch the national team? Stupid.

What you will probably find is most these teams are only out for their own interests and would rather be playing on every available date than paying their players to just sit about doing nothing the weekend of a Scotland international, or having to rearrange a 100+ mile round trip for a midweek in the middle of winter.

I agree this is an outrage. Jersey Jim and I are going to watch Wick Academy v Rothes. The buggers are still making it a 3 o'clock kick off. We'll never see the start of the Scotland game by the time we've tubed it from Harmsworth Park intae Wick city centre! Pure ragin'.

Clubs have their part to play in this too. Stranraer were due a home game against Peterhead the same day. I spoke to a committee member about it being changed and he said both clubs had to agree to it.

Crowd was already going to be low enough for this without having to contest with the national team.

Who do they think goes to these games.

SFA should never put clubs in these positions.

Peralta?

do underage players count?

Peralta not named in Honduras squad for upcoming friendlies.

I see rangers have 3 players in Scotland U19 squad but none of them have been in the first team match day squads.

And now Mohsni has accepted his ban he would have been suspended for the Cowdenbeath game on the 11th anyway!

Seems a bit of a farce to me!

As annoying as it is, I can see Ian Murrays point at refusing to move the game. I'm alright Jack as I'm watching the Scotland game down in England in my front room.

Dumbarton boss Murray, however, insisted switching kick-off would have caused his part-time players enormous problems, pointing out that a Friday night game would come at the end of a working week for them while it would also have disrupted their training schedule of Tuesday and Thursday nights.

The former Easter Road skipper said: It would obviously be easier for Hibs as a full-time club than us. I understand the Scotland game is one people want to see, but youd be asking our players to work all week and then play on a Friday night while our routine is to train on Tuesdays and Thurdays from 8 to 10pm.

http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/ian-murray-backs-dumbarton-hibs-kick-off-stance-1-3546810

The whole SPFL should have made a decision to stop the games, especially with so many "big" clubs in the Championship (really didn't want that to come across big headed, but you know what I mean).

On the flip side, it means I can watch Ireland on the Friday and Hibs on the Saturday next month.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby