The General Vibe Of The Tamb - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The General Vibe Of The Tamb

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was the most momentous day in my countries history. It seems like only one side want's to forget about it. though I can't speak for everyone but if you can't understand why supporters of the national team are unhappy about the result then maybe you would be better off on Rangers media?

This place will be dead again in a week or two. It already tapering off. I think considering the magnitude of what just occurred the people on here have behaved pretty much impeccably. This is a board of ordinary decent folk who shared a dream which was crushed. Rangers media on the other hand is a societal sinkhole where the dregs and lowlife collect and spew forth their hate and poison, every day of the week.

I have been on RM a few times when I have been posted links by folk. It is a scary place alright. All you can do is laugh add it woild depress you otherwise.

I remember when the Mccarthy thing was doing the rounds I checked the Ireland supporters forum to see their take on it.

A few guys commented on then how bitter it was in comparison to their board.

Normally rangers is the main topic that divides people but now people seem to be referring to unionists and no voters now as public enemy number one.

I really hope it improves - see my post on the main specific thread I hope the politics of recent times does not ruin what supporting Scotland is about.

I don't post that often but I read the board every day. Only reason I have felt compelled to post is because I genuinely worry that we end up dividing the support and being worse off by it. Didn't realise you had to be a serial poster to have credibility. ;-)

For the record I am not a bluenose or celtic follower. Its a shame you always have to clarify that on here to some folk. :-)

I would not worry about it Andy. I can't speak for others but I would imagine in a little while people will just start to drift away from it and get on with their lives. I think it was important how we reacted but now that is done there is little we can do now other than sit back and watch it all unfold. This place and Scotland will never be the same though.

I've given up making excuses for the "good" rangers guys. They support those people in George square, whether they mean to or not. When I saw that lassie

getting a saltire ripped off her that was my limit

Nawzi's

Rangers Media is a hate site masquerading as a football board. It is like that 365 days a years come rain or shine....

I've given up making excuses for the "good" rangers guys. They support those people in George square, whether they mean to or not. When I saw that lassie

Nawzi's

I quoted Marcus Aurelius the other day who said something along the lines of...

"The best revenge is not to become like your enemy."

He's right. Folk should forget about all the lies told before the 18th, forget about the bullying and threats from WM, forget about the already broken promises.

Chin up, smile and be thankful that there is as much oil as the Yes campaign always claimed.

He's right. Folk should forget about all the lies told before the 18th, forget about the bullying and threats from WM, forget about the already broken promises.

Chin up, smile and be thankful that there is as much oil as the Yes campaign always claimed.

Exactly. Just go back to work and trust your government to do what's best

Nawzi's

I take offence to that. Those people don't represent me or any of my beliefs.

I really hope it improves - see my post on the main specific thread I hope the politics of recent times does not ruin what supporting Scotland is about.

It has already been ruined for me and many others. We have decided that we are incapable of running our own affairs and being a normal country yet we also want to be treated as a special case and how our own international football team . As I said elsewhere good luck to anyone going to the Ireland or England games. The Ireland one on particular - people believed so strongly in their self determination they died for it, we couldn't even put a tick in a box we were so scared.

Oh and see the next person that tells me that I shouldn't have a go at No voters cos I might upset them......................

Reading the Tamb recently it struck me how bitter is has become.

Gone are they days I could laugh at Rangers Media?

Won't be long before Google shut us down again at this rate.

Don't think it's necessarily any more bitter than usual. When you're dealing with emotional subjects and outcomes it's inevitable that you'll get visceral reactions, especially when people generalise their responses (eg; assuming everyone who voted No is a 'unionist', rather than just someone not convinced by the Yes arguments, or that people who voted Yes are dangerous nationalists).

That some people have either joined the board to troll or partisan lurkers have suddenly found a voice in the wake of the referendum outcome only adds to the reaction from some people.

It was the most momentous day in my countries history. It seems like only one side want's to forget about it. though I can't speak for everyone but if you can't understand why supporters of the national team are unhappy about the result then maybe you would be better off on Rangers media?

See this is exactly the type of comment that is insulting. The implication is that if you're a supporter of the Scotland team you must have wanted a yes vote and if you wanted a no vote go to rangers media.

We are all scotland fans. It is a perfectly valid view to have voted no in the referendum.

It seems like a lot of posters place politics above dividing or even chasing away supporters of the national team.