Camerons Election Promise - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Camerons Election Promise

He is commiting to raising the 20% to 12500 and the 40% to 50k. On top of this scrapping death tax. One has to wonder where the cuts are coming from to tackle deficit. These tax cuts will take another 7bn out of the treasury.Commitment to maintain NHS budget. So what's is in line for privatisation?

He is commiting to raising the 20% to 12500 and the 40% to 50k. On top of this scrapping death tax. One has to wonder where the cuts are coming from to tackle deficit. These tax cuts will take another 7bn out of the treasury.Commitment to maintain NHS budget. So what's is in line for privatisation?

Is there anything left? The army?

Hague said it would be delivered without pre conditions.

Ah, OK.

That's funny, because we were promised DevoMax/Home Rule/a Federal system by Brown, but the Tories are apparently saying 'no'. I wonder what Hague's 'no pre-conditions' are.

I only bring that up, because I'm fairly sure under the 'Home Rule' that was promised to us, none of things you mention in your OP would apply to Scotland.

These things for a start:

http://www.nhsforsale.info/private-providers/private-provider-profiles-2/virgin.html

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jul/02/cancer-care-nhs-outsourcing-ccgs-unison-virgin

The tax moves are smoke and mirrors (inflation over the (as yet) planned implementation period could virtually negate much of any increase). But it still does absolutely nothing to tackle ther root of the inequality problem in this country.

As for what could be used to generate govt income: we could sanction the open sponsorship of MPs and Lords rather than the covert sponsorship that exists just now. Lord Foulkes (sponsored by Pampers, for example). Or we could sell the naming right for the palace of Westminster to the highest bidder.

Edited by Khana Lagur

David Cameron has played a good tactical game....

1) By devolving powers to Scotland he reduces Labours influence at Westminster.
2) and.... by giving Scotland some limited tax powers he cuts the Barnett formula by stealth.

Plus he gets to keep the oil revenue to fund austerity cuts and lower UK taxes.
Any Labour voters who voted NO should hang their head in shame.
Bent over and fucked bare-back....

Edited by Haggis_trap

David Cameron has played a good tactical game....

1) By devolving powers to Scotland he reduces Labours influence at Westminster.

2) and.... by giving Scotland some limited tax powers he cuts the Barnett formula by stealth.

Plus he gets to keep the oil revenue to fund austerity cuts and lower UK taxes.

Any Labour voters who voted NO should hang their head in shame.

Bent over and fucked bare-back....

He hasn't devolved any powers at all to Scotland.

He keeps on saying he's going to, while as time passes the 'home rule' that was promised gets constantly watered down.

Hague said it would be delivered without pre conditions.

I heard Hague interviewed on Today and he said just that. But, and in practice it is a huge but, he qualified it by saying 'providing that all three parties can agree on what powers are to be devolved within the necessary timescale'. I genuinely doubt that they will, or that anyone at the head of Labour or the Tories believes that they will either. Needless to say the proviso went unchallenged by Jim Naughtie. I noticed too that no mention at all was made of the promise to maintain Barnett. To be fair Hague did seem to specifically 'de-couple' the timing of legislation for Scottish devolution from the English issue. Edited by Pool Q

Cameron can shove his tax cut and attempt to buy votes. I don't need it. Would rather they scrapped their planned benefit freeze.

Why should the poorest pay for me to have more money?

Fluck the Tories and their attempts to buy votes, while destroying the most vulnerable.

The tax cuts are planned 'hopefully' within the term of the next parliament only 'after' the deficit has been balanced

by 2020

ie we hope to provide the tax cuts by 2020 after we have balanced the deficit

they said in 2010 the deficit would be balanced by now

it has not been

the tax cuts will never occur as the defict will not be balanced in teh next term and they will not be elected fro a third term with johnson as leader - and eevn if they did this is 6 years away - a lot can happen in that time - we might have even qualified for a major tournament by then

not that you would know this from the bbc's article

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29433919

total scum

As I understand it, these promised tax cuts will only come into force once the deficit has been cleared and the country is back in the black. By their own admissions this will not be before 2020. Expect even more cuts in the meantime.

As I understand it, these promised tax cuts will only come into force once the deficit has been cleared and the country is back in the black. By their own admissions this will not be before 2020. Expect even more cuts in the meantime.

Indeed.

This vow malarky seems to be catching on

As some political reporters have stated it's been almost unheard of that a party would make such a statement with absolutely no detail on how it will be afforded

The answers have already been given but it can only be afforded by even more cuts to public services and Government Departments

Edited by Ally Bongo

and by back in the black we're not counting the £1,300,000,000,000 debt