11Freunde! - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

11Freunde!

BlueBonnetsowertheBorder

Cant find the thing online, otherwise I would have copied and pasted and Google translated! Had to smile when the author mentions the only "notorious mischief" the TA get up to is putting fairy liquid into fountains! Was he trying to warn the good folks of Dortmund? Fountain Fairy Liquid Frapers you better move quickly chances are they will have them switched off over the weekend! :shocked::-))

A journalist from 11 Fruende flew over to Glasgow and met with ten members of WESTA in The Iron Horse in Glasgow. .Which is of course the home of the club.

Over three hours ( and several pints ) everything from Fairy Liquid in fountains to the referendum was chatted through. Christoph the journalist was a pleasure to meet with, genuine football fan with a real interest in his topic - the TA. He had some previous editions of the magazine with him, one topic was a group of Norwegians who follow Stenhousemuir FC !

The outcome is six pages of very positive commentary on the Tartan Army, this is not I hasten to add just due to the comments from those present (although they did no harm ) there is an admiration of the TA within the German fans, which Christoph explained was down to our dedication, loyalty, perseverance etc And the fact that we travel with a smile on our face ! His words not mine !

The 'interview' was open, honest and frank, in no way 'wishy washy' it was fitba' fans chatting together, it is pleasing to see such a positive article reflecting so well on all Scottish fans, they didn't have to do that.

It's a substantial magazine, over 100 pages and available throughout Germany, as a result of this article WESTA had RTL a German TV station at its meeting on Sunday, have to say it was a good laugh, we brought in our piper, had a sing song and told them they were getting fecked..... See WESTA see Media Tarts.........

Speaking of WESTA Media Tarts.....

As I was being interviewed by RTL on Sunday night, the interviewer was crystal clear in his questions in emphasising that, in his words, Germany and the world love the Tartan Army.

Of course, I remained calm and modest throughout and mentioned how Skye was a lovely place to spend a self-catering holiday.

Just saying!

A journalist from 11 Fruende flew over to Glasgow and met with ten members of WESTA in The Iron Horse in Glasgow. .Which is of course the home of the club.

Over three hours ( and several pints ) everything from Fairy Liquid in fountains to the referendum was chatted through. Christoph the journalist was a pleasure to meet with, genuine football fan with a real interest in his topic - the TA. He had some previous editions of the magazine with him, one topic was a group of Norwegians who follow Stenhousemuir FC !

The outcome is six pages of very positive commentary on the Tartan Army, this is not I hasten to add just due to the comments from those present (although they did no harm ) there is an admiration of the TA within the German fans, which Christoph explained was down to our dedication, loyalty, perseverance etc And the fact that we travel with a smile on our face ! His words not mine !

The 'interview' was open, honest and frank, in no way 'wishy washy' it was fitba' fans chatting together, it is pleasing to see such a positive article reflecting so well on all Scottish fans, they didn't have to do that.

It's a substantial magazine, over 100 pages and available throughout Germany, as a result of this article WESTA had RTL a German TV station at its meeting on Sunday, have to say it was a good laugh, we brought in our piper, had a sing song and told them they were getting fecked..... See WESTA see Media Tarts.........

Brilliant. Thanks for posting this and would love to get a German copy/translation of the whole article.

WESTA Media Hoors at their best :lol:

John, you could couldn't let it lie/Skye. :lol: