March 2005 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

March 2005

bonny78

March 2005

A good exciting day for international football.

Remember going to the pub to cheer on the Northern Irish v the English in the early game, but in the back of my mind was looking forward to Italy V Scotland.

Went back to the house for this late game and fired up the telly.

Great time for a game (saturday evening) and Scotland had a sexy yellow strip on with a lovley Jambo tinted goalie strip as well! I can't mind if it was Gary Caldwell or Lee Mcullock who was running around daft and doing everything short of touch the football (pressing I think it's called) but that said person did an effective job. We lost a first half free kick goal due to Rab being slightly injured and unable to dive properly. W.S. quickly subbed the old bugga with Scotland's number 1 Craig Gordon. Unfortunatly he was to suffer a similar fate in the 2nd half when another free kick hit the net. In between both goals though we had a brilliant chance when Kenny Misser was running through on goal…. GO ON… (HELD BREATH) Save by Buffon "ah dam.." am sure the pub stopped breathing too. Just before that Nigel Squashie had put in a good shot from a narrow angle that was well saved.

Thought we did alright but I had already given up on the campaign in October so was just watching for pride.

God bless international football

Remember at 2-0 down we started giving Doh a Deer full blast, and it upset the Italians so much that they tried to drown it out with boo'ing, but just could not silence us.

The atmosphere was good that night (agree though, sh*t city and stadium!) but Paris was goosebumps stuff from the moment you walked into the stadium.

Milan is by far the worst place I've ever been following Scotland. So much so that I refused to go back to Italy in 07 when we played in Bar. Everybody from bar staff, shop staff, cafe staff to taxi drivers just tried to blatantly rip us off and made no apologies for it.

Milan is by far the worst place I've ever been following Scotland. So much so that I refused to go back to Italy in 07 when we played in Bar. Everybody from bar staff, shop staff, cafe staff to taxi drivers just tried to blatantly rip us off and made no apologies for it.

Bari I preferred a lot more than Milan, but only just and seemed type of place that if I had to stay any longer than I already had, probably would have grew to hate very fast.

Have to say though, if we got Italy again, I would be looking to spend as little time in Milan as possible and Bari would have to really force myself to consider.

If it was Rome or Genoa I would jump at the chance, or even out on the Islands... Everywhere else think would be a massive disappointment (from what I hear about Turin it is only just better than Milan)