How Wolf`s Change Rivers - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

How Wolf`s Change Rivers

Cool video - cheers.

In the years that wolves were absent from Yellowstone, coyotes started filling their niche with a degree of pack hunting.

The Yellowstone coyotes were proper canis latrans coyotes though and couldnae take down the bigger deer, hence the over-population and the consequent environmental damage.

When the wolves came in, they wiped out most of the coyotes.

Funny that most of the wolves in the video have dog ancestry with their melanism.

Glad you enjoyed it guys, food for thought eh, do you think we should reintroduce them in Scotland?, it`s my opinion that they should as they were part of our natural habitat, and we should return the land to how it was before man mucked it up.

Some good reading here http://www.wolvesandhumans.org/wolves/wolf_reintroduction_to_scotland.htm

I'm away to read this pdf

http://www.wolvesandhumans.org/pdf-documents/wolf_scotland_reintroduction.pdf

then i'll be in a better position to answer , never really thought about it before. The closest is in 2nd year at uni my German flatmate and his pal hired a car and went up north, and they were out walking and saw a "BEAR Highways van" and were desperately trying to remember if Scotland had bears and the quickest way back to the car.