Am A Bovered? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Am A Bovered?

bonny78

am not really. wasn't really that interested in the game as soon as it was over. It would have been different if it was a group game however, then i'd be raging!

Thought England were actually quite good sadly. It won't last though. well aye, they'll qualify but they'll be bottom of the group again :-)

Just glad we gave it our all v Ireland.

If yesterday had been a group game then we would have seen harder fouls.

Crowd in the pub went YASSSSSS for our goal if anyone's interested. :-)

Precisely. Not bothered in slightest. We lost a friendly after a vital win on Friday. All year Brown has been tremendous along with quite a number in the team and we have played as a team. Last night for whatever reason be it tiredness or mental fatigue or anything else - we just weren't up for it. Brown wasn't his normal self and consequently several others were off the pace. They had a bad day at the office when it doesn't matter. We move on.

Suddenly all different in England. They have been criticized following the World Cup. They play half decently against what was in my opinion a well below par Scotland and suddenly England are world-beaters again. All based on one meaningless friendly match.

Much the same for me too - would obviously have been delighted if we had won but there was nowhere near the equivalent amount of despair at us losing. I was just pleased to see us score v England at a game I attended - I'd been to the last two games v England at Hampden (both 2-0 defeats) and two previous under 21 clashes where we hadn't scored. A total in excess of 7 hours of football in these games without a Scotland goal, which at last came to an end.

Feck sake - I think Strachan himself and also McGhee had been over age players at that under 21 game I went to at Pittodrie about 33 years ago...

Much the same for me too - would obviously have been delighted if we had won but there was nowhere near the equivalent amount of despair at us losing. I was just pleased to see us score v England at a game I attended - I'd been to the last two games v England at Hampden (both 2-0 defeats) and two previous under 21 clashes where we hadn't scored. A total in excess of 7 hours of football in these games without a Scotland goal, which at last came to an end.

Feck sake - I think Strachan himself and also McGhee had been over age players at that under 21 game I went to at Pittodrie about 33 years ago...

i recall 30,000 odd in pittodrie that night

tannoy announcer asking folk to bunch up on the old wooden benches ; lot of standing room back then also

- can imagine the health & safety folk on the case now ; they haven't even painted the stairs yellow

don't remember much about the game - just missing the 2 to auchinyell as stuck down the beachend

i recall 30,000 odd in pittodrie that night

tannoy announcer asking folk to bunch up on the old wooden benches ; lot of standing room back then also

- can imagine the health & safety folk on the case now ; they haven't even painted the stairs yellow

don't remember much about the game - just missing the 2 to auchinyell as stuck down the beachend

Was the biggest crowd I've ever been in at Pittodrie. From what I remember Scotland had Strachan, McGhee, Archibald and McLeish all playing - was some atmosphere....

Was the biggest crowd I've ever been in at Pittodrie. From what I remember Scotland had Strachan, McGhee, Archibald and McLeish all playing - was some atmosphere....

was at a lot of the games this season

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1972%E2%80%9373_Aberdeen_F.C._season

34k v tic (paddock) and 32k v gers (south terrace on old mans shoulders)

east fife also stands out