Un F King Believable - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Un F King Believable

Got on train at Waverley at 9.30pm and just left it again! I swear it didn't reach queen street, ticket lady swears it did. I was typing away on here around time we should have been at queen street so I definitely didn't fall asleep. 2 fu cking hours so far. Missed last train from central to home too.

Got on train at Waverley at 9.30pm and just left it again! I swear it didn't reach queen street, ticket lady swears it did. I was typing away on here around time we should have been at queen street so I definitely didn't fall asleep. 2 fu cking hours so far. Missed last train from central to home too.

Were you too busy doing online shopping ?

:wink2:

Honestly Fringo I wish I was. I'm 100% sure I didn't fall asleep but how the heck could I miss queen St? How could I not notice of been on train for 2 hours? When voice started saying " next stop is haymarket" I was laughing away to myself thinking how they had wrong announcement programmed and it would be frightening people who didn't realise. Then we pulled up at haymarket!

Honestly Fringo I wish I was. I'm 100% sure I didn't fall asleep but how the heck could I miss queen St? How could I not notice of been on train for 2 hours? When voice started saying " next stop is haymarket" I was laughing away to myself thinking how they had wrong announcement programmed and it would be frightening people who didn't realise. Then we pulled up at haymarket!

Classic. :lol:

Croy next stop, tea?

Don't think I'll post on women equality thread anymore Fringo. Leave it to Lamia who I'm sure could get to Glasgow from Edinburgh in less than 3 hours.

That's maybe where you got distracted and lost your sense of orientation literally. :lol:

Brilliant though and I hope you get home safely.

This thread made me smile a lot tonight which is fantastic.

Thank you G-Man. :ok::lol:

You should have popped into see Andy and Mick in Croy for a cuppa though ?

I'm still on train Fringo! I left Waverley first time at 9.30 and probably not home till back of 1am. Lennie station has no working lights but staff will have torches. Pished couple across from me getting fruity. Battery about to run out on phone. Thank goodness I enjoyed Wicked.

Right Fringo and PIAK you can go to bed and stop worrying yourself silly over my arduous journey home from the bowels of hell, aka Waverley St train station. I got off train at 00.30 and couldn't believe poster on wall, woman asleep on train with caption reading; "Would you wake this woman?" It was for a job in a call centre and no idea how it correlated but felt like a great big Simpson's Nelson "Ha Ha." directed right at me. Although I'm still sure I didn't fall asleep. Stupidly thought taxi queue too long so started walking and didn't get taxi till just beyond Govanhill. :cry:

But biggest disappointment (if I did fall asleep) is when did Glaswegians stop shaking awake wee fat wummin snoring away at train terminus? I always shook people awake and had lots of abuse for it but never put me off. Sad days indeed. :worried:

Night night and PIAK if that had been me I'd just have gotten off (long) walked to Nardinis, and waited till it opened for a milkshake breakfast. Next time you're home that's a wee tip from me to you. :ok:

Edited by G-Man

Was terrible for falling asleep on trains and buses.

Worst was the Fuengirola <-> Malaga train. Got on it still drunk one morning at 6am en-route to Malaga Airport for a trip back to Scotland.

Woke up back at Fuengirola at 10am, around the same time the flight should have been landing at Glasgow.

The train only takes 50 minutes each way, so I must have done 5 full journeys without anyone bothering their arse. Not even the ticket inspector or polis bothered! :lol:

I woke up in Aberdeen from Glasgow once a few years ago after a wee Friday afternoon after work session !

It was the last train at night and the first train back wisna for hours later, crapped masel big time. :lol:

Ended up getting a lift in a Royal Mail train after speaking to a member of staff and pleading Ma case. Didna have a penny on me and mobile was deid !

Genuinely crapped masel ! I was only aboot 17 anaw :yikes3:

:lol::lol: Youre brilliant, and mental though.

yikes

Was terrible for falling asleep on trains and buses.

Worst was the Fuengirola <-> Malaga train. Got on it still drunk one morning at 6am en-route to Malaga Airport for a trip back to Scotland.

Woke up back at Fuengirola at 10am, around the same time the flight should have been landing at Glasgow.

The train only takes 50 minutes each way, so I must have done 5 full journeys without anyone bothering their arse. Not even the ticket inspector or polis bothered! :lol:

What a brilliant story!

We've all been guilty of a wee snooze on a train. Me and my Dad last did it after the Nigeria game. Got the last train out of Paddington, I was to get off at Chippenham, him Bath. Both woke up in Bristol Temple Meads where the train terminated.

Thank it wasn't a Cardiff Central train. As it was we taxied back to bath and I crashed at my folks. The wife wasn't impressed.

J

I have twice fallen asleep on the train as well, both on the way home from Edinburgh after Murrayfield, luckily for me the trains terminated at Dundee, my mate also did it one year and woke up at Stonehaven, his mobile was dead, and he had no money, he had to hitch hike home.

It must happen a lot.

Edited by kumnio

And who should know but a Scouser..... :wink2:

Racist comment MODS MODS :-)) Nar its ok i just remembered we are not a race. :-))

Actually 32 years on the railway has given me a bit of an insight into fare dodgers excuses. :ok: