Tactical Voting For Westminster - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tactical Voting For Westminster

I think this will happen all over, but wont be massive, could be enough to cost a seat or two...

u saw that in a recent by election when all Tory 2nd votes went to Labour...

The snp are at least 10000 behind in their closest seat to labour that they will think it wont make a difference... don't know about the lib seats ..

The key thing for this election will be what percentage of referendum voters bother to vote.

You got it. 1.6m yes, hope for 1.3 snp, with the 2.1 no split likely 1m labour, 700k lib 400k. Last time round it was 1m labour, <500k snp, 450k ld, 400k tory. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_general_election,_2010_(Scotland)

I think it'll be a low (standard for ge) turnout and the popular vote numbers will be about the same. Stayers 16/17 year old aren't in, and those Labour are not going to suffer greatly.

Interesting that NO managed to pick up 300k extra votes (assuming all those who voted in previous ge, chief no - not quote true I realise) whilst yes picked up around 1m. If half of that votes snp, who knows.

I have noticed on my news feed that a lot of people will be voting tactically in the westminster election to keep the snp out.What consequences will this have if any? And do you think this will be common or just the few nut jobs still obsessed with their hatred towards the snp

The libs, Labs, and Cons are all saying this - but they're all saying vote tactically for us! So it'll have little effect as they will bicker over who has the best chance tactically to beat the SNP all over the place.

I have noticed on my news feed that a lot of people will be voting tactically in the westminster election to keep the snp out.What consequences will this have if any? And do you think this will be common or just the few nut jobs still obsessed with their hatred towards the snp

It will be common.

Excellent article on this: Tactical Voting Can Defeat Salmond