Farage Getting Himself In Bother On Lbc Again! - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Farage Getting Himself In Bother On Lbc Again!

Who hasn't at some point said something along the lines off "I can't be bothered to cook anything, why don't we just phone the chinkys"

I used to. Until one restaurant owner told me that, generally speaking, the Chinese don't like it.

So now I say "I can't be bothered to cook anything, why don't we just phone the Chinese".

And it's just as easy to say.

Never said it in my puff. Its really easy to say Chinese.

In North Lanarkshire it was considered a bit posh/poofy to use Chinese instead of chinky (actually it was 'the chinkies') as late as the early to mid 90s. Remember getting told off from my mum for using chinky so I was an early adopter of chinese and thus considered posh by people at school.

I used to. Until one restaurant owner told me that, generally speaking, the Chinese don't like it.

So now I say "I can't be bothered to cook anything, why don't we just phone the Chinese".

You could just say Chingaling, that doesn't offend them according to Dave Whelan...

Exactly.

I said it when I was younger. Then I realised that it isn't a particularly nice thing to say so I stopped.