Scottish Constituency Polling Thread - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Constituency Polling Thread

Ashcroft are holding constituency polling for Scottish seats.

@LordAshcroft: My my these Scottish constituency polls are looking interesting.......

I think they're being released in full next week. Hopefully they'll start to drip feed them...

I don't know where they've been polling - anyone have an idea?

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought they were supposed to be out this week. Sure they said on Scotland tonight that they were due to be out later in the week. Really looking forward to seeing them.

They might be.

One thing that's worrying me: I'm using the Survation poll to see what the voter split by party will do (ie Labour to SNP, Lib Dem to Labour, etc.) - and it's producing very different figures than sites like Electoral Calculus. I've done ten seats so far - and the Conservatives are on two, when calculators put them on zero.

I don't think the national poll seat calculations are very accurate...

<p>

I've just done the whole country:

• LAB - 42 :worried:
  • SNP - 14
  • CON - 2
  • LIB - 1

I'm afraid I'm expecting something not too dissimilar from this with perhaps a few more seats from labour to the SNP.

What seats changed hands when you did it btw?

Lib dems will hold Orkney and Shetland but I also expect them to hold Charles Kennedy's seat and probably hold caithness, sutherland and easter Ross as well.

34jc5dv.jpg

This is the map.

SNP taking Lib Dem seats in the Highlands, but Labour taking Lib Dems seats in the central belt. Conservatives take Berwickshire from them.

Labour gaining seats despite their vote share dropping everywhere, it's just the SNP are so far behind Labour in most seats in the Central Belt - the votes from old Lib Dem voters aren't making enough impact.

34jc5dv.jpg

This is the map.

SNP taking Lib Dem seats in the Highlands, but Labour taking Lib Dems seats in the central belt. Conservatives take Berwickshire from them.

Labour gaining seats despite their vote share dropping everywhere, it's just the SNP are so far behind Labour in most seats in the Central Belt - the votes from old Lib Dem voters aren't making enough impact.

Truely depressing.

34jc5dv.jpg

This is the map.

I think you're being overly pessimistic. I haven't seen polling data from the SNP boys and girls in North Ayrshire but they're claiming high 60's... Being cynical I don't believe that for a second. The Labour boys and girls are claiming its neck and neck, at 52-48 in favour of Labour which is a bit more believable. Given Labours 10k majority that is absolutely astounding.

The SNP folks are highly motivated and barring illness or death to a man they'll all vote.