Anyone Know Much About The Boozers In Berwick? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Anyone Know Much About The Boozers In Berwick?

I've been in most of them in the town one time or another :beer2:

The Barrels is a good spot for real ale & down by the river is in a oldish looking part of town.

There's one on the main street has Sky...think from memory it was the Brewers Arms but it's around there anyway.

The Castle Hotel at the top of town has Sky as well & does food, but is a bit bland & soulless.

There's a place called the Angel across the river that has various Berwick memorabilia, but it's barely worth the effort unless you want to get out of town.

Edit to say I meant Berwick Rangers memorabilia

Edited by Huddersfield

We went in and out of a few before we found one with Sky on our way down from the train station. Finally found one that you had to go across a courtyard into some old stables or such like to the toilets! No idea what it was called, Bear might've been in the name though?

Went to a match at Shieldfield and had a couple in a pub near there after the game. None of that is probably any help to you at all though! :-)

I live in the town and some of the stuff written so far is utter tom kite.

Barrels is however a great Boozer.

Curfew Bar which is a brand new place is a 30 second walk along from Barrels and is the best by a long way but is the size of your front room.

Foxtons up and around the corner from these two (2 min walk) is decent. Great place to have lunch and beer is decent too.

Pilot Inn along from the train station is a great wee boozer.

Free Trade, again just up from station, is a relic of a boozer but has character and good beer.

After that you are ed.

Brewers (Battery), Brown Bear, Angel,Castle, Leaping Salmon are all utter shiteholes as is Eyemouth.

cheers guys!

it won't be Eyemouth this time but maybe one day.

Sounds like Foxtons gets the vote for lunch, and the Curfew Bar, Barrels, Free Trade and Pilot Inn get a visit in whatever order we come across them.

I like to visit at least one random jakey bar when i'm on a crawl too though, does Berwick have somewhere to fit that billing??

cheers guys!

it won't be Eyemouth this time but maybe one day.

Sounds like Foxtons gets the vote for lunch, and the Curfew Bar, Barrels, Free Trade and Pilot Inn get a visit in whatever order we come across them.

I like to visit at least one random jakey bar when i'm on a crawl too though, does Berwick have somewhere to fit that billing??

Brewers Arms.....total ing shiteheap full of pikeys.

Curfew is a bar I can sit all day in and never have the same drink twice. They have a facebook page, take a look as it's worth it. Tidy boiler works in it too.

Brewers Arms.....total ing shiteheap full of pikeys.

Curfew is a bar I can sit all day in and never have the same drink twice. They have a facebook page, take a look as it's worth it. Tidy boiler works in it too.

I lived in Berwick for 18 months about 8 eight years ago and Brewers was rough but got taken over and improved. Also used to go there after playing against local football team for food, which was the best feed you got anywhere in the Border Amateur League. Shame if it has return to being rough though.

I lived in Berwick for 18 months about 8 eight years ago and Brewers was rough but got taken over and improved. Also used to go there after playing against local football team for food, which was the best feed you got anywhere in the Border Amateur League. Shame if it has return to being rough though.

It has never been anything but.

Aye, I've been in the Brewers a few times, it's about as rough as Miss Cranston's Tea Room.

It is a hole.Has a landlady who would wrestle you to the ground, clientele who have never done a day's work and have 3 eyes and 12 fingers and beer that is rotten.

Glad you enjoyed it though. Each to their own. :ok:

Berwick has one good night a year and that's where the boozers are full of ex squaddies celebrating Minden day.shite town populated by pikey arseholes. They even built a big wall to keep the tumshie stealing bastards out of the fields

So is that good or bad? Get off the fence man.