Cracking Kilt Chain From The Royal Mile Scottish Shop - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Cracking Kilt Chain From The Royal Mile Scottish Shop

I purchased a cracking thistle style kilt chain form a shop near the top of the royal mile.

I was keen to inspect the links in the chain as previous fancy chains have let me down in the past. Nothing worse when your on tour and your kilt chain fails.

As the links on the display chain were soldered closed, I thought ideal high quality interested.

Tried it on and agreed the price ( £25 suprised at how cheap it was as I have seen these chains at £75!).

So the sales assistant asks if it is OK for him to give me a "NEW CHAIN IN A BOX" instead of the display one.

OK, no problem. Paid the money and then went outside to show the wife my new purchase.

However on closer inspection the one I was sold had poor quality links that would easily fall apart. :angry:

Went inside armed with the receipt spoke to the owner, complained and swapped the kilt chain for the display one.

Chancers. :ok:

Edited by Robroysboy

Whats wrong with it delboy?

Overlaoding your pouch again ?

The screw that connects the big shiny bracket to the top part of my sporran has lost a couple of the pin heads on the wee screws and I canna find any replacements.

Went to where I got it from and they said they can't sort it.

It's in great condition but just needs they screw bits. :(

The screw that connects the big shiny bracket to the top part of my sporran has lost a couple of the pin heads on the wee screws and I canna find any replacements.

Try your local cobbler.

http://www.crawfordkilts.co.uk/products-and-services/alterations-repairs-service

based gliffnock, give them a bell.

Edited by Robroysboy