Sir Cliff Richard May Be Losing His Knighthood - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sir Cliff Richard May Be Losing His Knighthood

:lol::lol:

Most folk will be too embarrassed to admit they understand that one. :lol:

I always thought that lyric was damned dodgy... I mean, consider it for a moment. Cliff claims to love a woman so much, that he is prepared to idolise her as something so perfect she is barely even human ('crying, talking, sleeping, walking, living doll') yet at the same time is willing, like Josef Fritzl, to imprison her in a tiny box ('gonna lock her up in a trunk'). Perhaps this happens at the point he decides she is actually the 'devil woman', the terrifying moment she gets to see, as few people do, the true face of Cliff when the mask he wears for the public slips.
And we go out and buy Cliff's confessions of psycopathy in Woolworths in the hundreds of thousands and think nothing of it.

I always thought that lyric was damned dodgy... I mean, consider it for a moment. Cliff claims to love a woman so much, that he is prepared to idolise her as something so perfect she is barely even human ('crying, talking, sleeping, walking, living doll') yet at the same time is willing, like Josef Fritzl, to imprison her in a tiny box ('gonna lock her up in a trunk'). Perhaps this happens at the point he decides she is actually the 'devil woman', the terrifying moment she gets to see, as few people do, the true face of Cliff when the mask he wears for the public slips.
And we go out and buy Cliff's confessions of psycopathy in Woolworths in the hundreds of thousands and think nothing of it.

Very insightful - I think you might be right! :lol:

Hey you. Less o this "we" stuff. You speak for yourself. :lol: