Gibraltar Attendance - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Gibraltar Attendance

StranraerScotty

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was gonna take the wee man to this but found out its 1700 kick off :(

By the time the match finishes, get through the traffic and get back to Manchester, it's daft o'clock and were both up early on the Monday for school and work.

Daft ko time for travelling fans.

By the time the match finishes, get through the traffic and get back to Manchester, it's daft o'clock and were both up early on the Monday for school and work.

I am the exact same. I booked this week off with plans to travel back down to London after the match. Not impossible but not appealing either with the price of the ticket and with a 5pm kick off and work on the Monday.

So I am now going back down on Saturday.

If you're involved with a boys team it's worth getting in touch with the SFA to see if you can get any of the free tickets they're giving away. Someone I work with e-mailed them yesterday on the off chance and was offered 20 tickets, 16 for kids, 4 for adults.

20k paying spectators, 10k freebies, total 30k

Don't see the public sale shifting many, the SFA are promoting the Northern Ireland game more than Gibraltar, says it all.

You'd be daft not to go watch the side with Strachan in charge!

Goals, goals, goals & keep the momentum going, don't see why folk wouldn't go unless obviously travelling difficulties etc.

I'll tell you exactly why. Tickets priced at between 40 and 50 quid to watch us play against painters, plumbers and postmen from Gibraltar is the reason why. Ticket prices are fecking scandalous.

I'll tell you exactly why. Tickets priced at between 40 and 50 quid to watch us play against painters, plumbers and postmen from Gibraltar is the reason why. Ticket prices are fecking scandalous.

Yip, appreciate the 3 points are worth the same as in any other game but you've got to take the standard of opposition into the equation on occasions like this...

The only way this could have sold out at the listed prices would be if it was the final game and we needed a win to qualify...

8 of us regularly attend (although less regularly than we used to) and were planning on going to this game as well. It wasn't till I worked out that it would cost in the region of £700+ between the 8 of us (scran and a couple of beers before the game, tickets and travel costs) to watch Gibraltar that we realised how ridiculous it is. As it is we'll meet in a pub just before KO, spend about 20 quid each and watch the game there.

Yip, appreciate the 3 points are worth the same as in any other game but you've got to take the standard of opposition into the equation on occasions like this...

See, me in a glass half full, I'm wanting to see the most goals scored by Scotland in a single game record get broken.

Out of interest, anyone know what that is?

J

Easy to say but I'd definitely attend if I was back in the country, the opposition was never really a consideration when going to the games. In saying that I get why people won't pay the money to see us play Gilbraltar.

The SFA have made a massive mistake with their prices.

See, me in a glass half full, I'm wanting to see the most goals scored by Scotland in a single game record get broken.

Out of interest, anyone know what that is?

J

Did Colin Stein not score 4 against Cyprus back in the 60s? Would assume it was him.

Thought it was the start of the Easter holidays in England the day after. It is in Cumbria.