Big Lump Of Cheddar Cheese - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Big Lump Of Cheddar Cheese

When you're cutting it with a cheese knife is it straight up and down or at a 45degree angle like me? Ok Im bored, but I thought I'd ask. :)

Edited by tam fae kofta

Martin Platt (supreme expert on all things cheese) clearly and concisely stated on tv - "toasted".

Case closed.

If it was roasted it would involve the oven, if it's done under the grill its toasted. Quite simple.

If it was roasted it would involve the oven, if it's done under the grill its toasted. Quite simple.

Ever tried toasting cheese in the toaster when you're a bit tired and emotional? Interesting results let me tell you :lol:

My contribution to the debate - 45 degree angle as it really pisses the wife off :D

Edited by redstevie007

Apparently John Cleese's family name was originally Cheese.

The story goes that when his grandfather signed up to fight in WW1 the army misspelt his name. By the time the war was over he decided he preferred being a Cleese to a Cheese and so he kept it.