Poisonous - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Absolutely sick of the constant references to SNP being poisonous , toxic etc here in Englandshire - I expect it from the Westminster elite - but so many of these voxpops with stupid ignorant fukkers down here.

Fortunately not had to deal with anyone spouting that opinion to me directly - I'm sure my restraint can't last much longer.

I'm just hoping that the SNP take all the seats and Scotland so that we can ram it right up these bastirds - but way its going in England I think any SNP voice will be frozen out.

Miliband will forego any alliance/pact with the SNP. I can see him letting Cameron/Clegg being in coalition and Miliband staying in opposition - he will jettison Scotland and let the Labour party be English.

Can only see more and more Scottish dissent following this GE.

I wouldn't worry about it. From where Im sitting, the Union is deid. Tories appear to be running an advert in England that portray's Salmond as a pickpocket, and Brown is making headlines saying "vote Labour to be a true Scottish patriot".

The Union cannot survive this. Tories appear to have realised it and are positioning themselves as the dominant party in rUK for the next 10-20 years, while UK Labour are as limp as a limp thing. Central to all this, Scottish Labour plumb new depths with every passing day. I actually struggle to find words to describe how utterly desperate and pathetic they've become, and it's difficult to see at what point they're going to draw a line under what they've been doing for the last 5 years and turn it around.

In this context, the Union is utterly f***ed. The Union needs 24 hour care but the Tories couldn't give a f*** and Labour's too busy pi**ing the bed. It's over IMO.

I agree totally with what you are saying. England and Scotland are becoming further and further apart politically - despite having been in England for 30 years since I was 23, I find myself with less and less in common with a lot of Englanders and more and more I feel like a foreigner - but tbh I like it that way as I'm in n o way "British" - many folks down here think thats a stupid attitude but as far as I'm concerned they can go f*ck themselves.

Cant wait to come back up on election night and savour the moments.

For me, Cameron has shown his true Old Etonian colours. He was of course up her during indyref practically begging Scotland to stay in this glorious Union of ours and that we would help lead this so-called family of nations. Fast forward 7 months where the likelihood is that Scotland will take Eton Dave up on his, and all of a sudden we are being labelled 'dangerous' amongst other smears.

Scotland is either part of the Union or it isn't. It is that simple. Cameron and his ilk simply can't have it both ways. But I agree with Auld Reekie - the Union is slowly but surely over. I didn't think that would the case on 19th September, in fact I simply resigned myself to the fact that the opportunity was gone and a shitstorm was coming our way big time for daring to live the dream. However, I get the sense that people, and I include 'No' voters in this, are waking up to what the Unionists are really all about and how worthless the Vow is.

The Establishment can throw what they want at us, but I feel the ship has long since sailed in terms of people's voting intentions. Any further shit they throw at us will simply harden our resolve.

I agree totally with what you are saying. England and Scotland are becoming further and further apart politically - despite having been in England for 30 years since I was 23, I find myself with less and less in common with a lot of Englanders and more and more I feel like a foreigner - but tbh I like it that way as I'm in n o way "British" - many folks down here think thats a stupid attitude but as far as I'm concerned they can go f*ck themselves.

you are british ; get over it , or burn your passport if you feel that strongly

See Clegg has just come out ruling out any cooperation with the SNP. If the old Westminster parties freeze out the wishes of Scots voters then it will just confirm the view that politically the views of Scots voters are completely irrelevant. I cannot see how the deliberate ignoring of the democratic wishes of Scotland to be good for the long term future of the union.

Back to Alex, obviously getting no tracksion lampooning Nicola.

The way I see it hinges round EVEL. If the Tories get in this will be popular. Labour were against it admit would neuter them in Westminster. That may not be the case now, as the Labour Party has neutered themselves.

There may be broad support (or lack of opposition to EVEL).

IMO that is a different lay of the land to trigger Refferendum III. Certainly if they go forward with an in-out EU reffrendum and England votes no and Scotland yes.

As much is Labour is ####ed in Scotland I'd rather have them in a minority goverenment than the Tories, simple as that, as the Tories are insane, compassion less and dangerous.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

I would hate to think we would have any English people living and working here in Scotland with such a stinking attitude and opinion of his neighbours as irnbruman.Nationalism is just so positive isn't it

I would hate to think we would have any English people living and working here in Scotland with such a stinking attitude and opinion of his neighbours as irnbruman.Nationalism is just so positive isn't it

In fairness the Scots media and politicans are not relentlessly telling the public that the English are money grabbing, undemocratic spongers who are a clear threat to world peace and security etc. Some of the stuff from Unionist (rather than 'English') press and poiliticans has been disgraceful. The love bombing of the autumn is a very distant memory.

Edited by Hertsscot

Cameron must be pressed: does he believe in the Barnett formula or not?

If he doesn't, then the Vow was a lie, because he signed up to Barnett.

If he does believe in Barnett, then the Vow was a lie, since showing Salmond as a criminal implies SNP don't have equal legitimate status as a British democratic party.

Evening Standard refers to "the apparent illegitimacy of a possible Labour/SNP combination. The latter alone could lead to civil disobedience."

http://www.standard.co.uk/comment/comment/james-palumbo-there-will-be-a-riot-when-we-wake-up-to-economic-reality-10210027.html

Ah democracy....

Evening Standard refers to "the apparent illegitimacy of a possible Labour/SNP combination. The latter alone could lead to civil disobedience."

http://www.standard.co.uk/comment/comment/james-palumbo-there-will-be-a-riot-when-we-wake-up-to-economic-reality-10210027.html

Pathetic - how about the apparent illegitimacy of the ConDem coalition that Scotland didn't vote for!