Diane Abbot - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Looks like someone in the labour party has been talking some sense on twitter. Diana abbot posted asking why people are questioning the legitimacy of SNP mp's. Do we only respect Scottish voters if they vote for the "right" party's.

Fair play to her at least she realises what Scots are getting fed up with wm

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like someone in the labour party has been talking some sense on twitter. Diana abbot posted asking why people are questioning the legitimacy of SNP mp's. Do we only respect Scottish voters if they vote for the "right" party's.

Fair play to her at least she realises what Scots are getting fed up with wm

I really like her. She's very fair.

On Scottish matters she comes across as one of the best informed non Scottish MPs. And/or who is prepared to say things as they are, even if it is not wholly pro Labour to say so.

I really like her. She's very fair.

Yes like the time she lambasted grammar schools and private schools claiming that they should all be shut down. Living in Hackney you wouldve thought she woudlve sent her son to a local comprehensive ?. Did she feck. womans a self serving hypocrite, which i accept covers a fair percentage of politicians

Yes like the time she lambasted grammar schools and private schools claiming that they should all be shut down. Living in Hackney you wouldve thought she woudlve sent her son to a local comprehensive ?. Did she feck. womans a self serving hypocrite, which i accept covers a fair percentage of politicians

She went to school wih Portillo I believe...

She went to school wih Portillo I believe...

Makes it even funnier, you wouldve thought that instead of trying to dismantle the grammar school system that they would be trying to bring other schools up to the same sort of standard. Sending her son to a fee paying school after slating other Labour party members for sending their kids to selective/grammar schools is nothing but rank hypocrisy. I just googled the interview she gave in the daily mirror and I like the woman even less. Apparently women of West Indian origin are fiercely protective of their kids which is why she did it. For someone that has always touted herself as a conviction politician it kinda blows her out of the water imho ;-)

Edited by Nobby

Ukip are the uk's version of the 1920's nazi's

no doubt

if they ever obtained any power god help us

as for influence, it's already in effect with some of the tories policies or proposed policies, evel, immigration etc

frightening

Ukip are the uk's version of the 1920's nazi's

no doubt

if they ever obtained any power god help us

as for influence, it's already in effect with some of the tories policies or proposed policies, evel, immigration etc

frightening

lol, that's just mental if you think that

Apparently that Alex Wood acount is a fake account and there's been a guy hauled in by the Bizzies for posting something else, equally disgusting.

Don't tell me you thought it was legit? UKIP candidates may not be the brightest sparks on the ballot paper, but surely none of them could be that thick.

Don't tell me you thought it was legit? UKIP candidates may not be the brightest sparks on the ballot paper, but surely none of them could be that thick.

That's what happens when you demonise your "enemies". also Flure did think we were getting over 60% yes as well, so not sure why you're feeling some incredulity.

You've obviously never heard David Coburn?

D'ye know. I did.

That's either a comment about my gullibility - or a comment on how easy it is to believe that a UKIP candidate might post such a thing.

I'm not sure.

Edited by Flure