Greek Bailout... - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This episode pretty much means I'll vote no in the EU referendum.

Yep

After reading up on the ECB, the IMF, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs et al and what they have done to Greece i'll be voting to come out as well

I think the SNP need to get a new strategy on Europe and quickly

The EU is completely different from the Euro.

Greece has been a basket case for centuries....economically illiterate, and rife with corruption, neptism and bribery.

It's not the fault of the Euro that Greece is in the state it's in...although the Greeks should never, ever have been allowed to use the Euro in the first place.

Economically and financially, they're a medieval country within 21st century Europe.

Greece has been a basket case for centuries....economically illiterate, and rife with corruption, neptism and bribery.

It's not the fault of the Euro that Greece is in the state it's in...although the Greeks should never, ever have been allowed to use the Euro in the first place.

Economically and financially, they're a medieval country within 21st century Europe.

Couldn't agree more but for daring to voice the truth prepare for.......

2239683F-768D-4900-8589-4331C064DF0B_zps

Dealing with the here and now what the EU is doing to Greece isn't fair and shows what they think of a party who are against austerity.

Under the previous government the Greek economy was actually growing - since Tsipras came to power it has been in reverse gear.

Id like to see the proof of that Charlie even though there are stats, stats and damned lies

I doubt that Tsipras has anything to do with the current state of the Greek economy

Id like to see the proof of that Charlie even though there are stats, stats and damned lies

I doubt that Tsipras has anything to do with the current state of the Greek economy

Edit

Syriza have been in power for 5 months

You have to be careful with a lot of rhetoric at the moment

As Junker said himself - "When the going gets tough - you lie"

I see a report in the Irish Times that says

It is a matter of fact that when Syriza came to power, the Greek economy was out of recession, the budget was heading towards a primary surplus and there was a real sense that the corner was about to be turned. “Now just six months later, the economy is back in recession, people have stopped paying taxes; the banks are on life support and the whole economy is on the point of collapse.

Now i dont know about anyone else but i never heard anything at the end of last year about this utopia that was happening in Greece

Maybe another case of economics being put before people or more of the same economic lies that got the previous Greek government falsely into the Euro in the first place ?

Edited by Ally Bongo

They owe a very large amount of money to other entities. They want to borrow more. If they don't want more money don't agree to the conditions.

They owe a very large amount of money to other entities. They want to borrow more. If they don't want more money don't agree to the conditions.

Or they default, leave the Euro and float their own currency. Start anew, like Detroit. They will do alright.

J

This is possibly the most ignorant comment on the Greek situation going around - not to mention lazy

Thats not being personal - its being banded about a lot

Is it lazy? Take your own decisions and deal with the consequences or play the game if you want to stay in the club.

If that is lazy then that is me and the Greek PM in the same boat.

Is it lazy? Take your own decisions and deal with the consequences or play the game if you want to stay in the club.

If that is lazy then that is me and the Greek PM in the same boat.

1 - Goldman Sachs and the previous Greek Government lied about the state of the Greek economy to get it into Europe

2 - When the banking crisis happened in 2008 the state of the Greek economy came to light and the ECB/IMF had to bail out Greece to avoid the country collapsing and causing a further economic crisis in Europe. Deutcshe Bank in particular has derivatives of roughly £75 trillion which no institution on earth can bail out if they go bust which will happen if Greece leaves the Euro

3 - Greece had to pay back this bail out but because their economy is rotten (see point 1) and was made even worse with austerity measures enforced by ECB/IMF - they cant.

4 When Greece ask for more money - its not money to pump into the economy - it's money to pay off the interest on their debts and to stop them defaulting

I will agree with you that the Greeks cant have it both ways - they have to leave the club if they get their debt wiped

So not really lazy just succinct about the choices they face today.

No its lazy to just glibly say they owe a lot of money and they want more ...