Paddy Power's Latest - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Paddy Power's Latest

• 3 weeks later...

Have they taken a lot of money aff you?

No, that would be fair play. Stopped my account and demanded ID, despite having had the account for years. I sent them a scanned copy of my driving licence, but apparently the image quality wasn't "satisfactory". They came up with some pish about it being required by new gambling legislation, but they were the only bookie to ask for this (and I have accounts with just about every mainstream bookie...).

No, that would be fair play. Stopped my account and demanded ID, despite having had the account for years. I sent them a scanned copy of my driving licence, but apparently the image quality wasn't "satisfactory". They came up with some pish about it being required by new gambling legislation, but they were the only bookie to ask for this (and I have accounts with just about every mainstream bookie...).

Sounds like you must have been taking money aff them. You know that's jist not allowed.

This is better than Ratner for insulting your customers -

"3 - Asked in an interview in 2001 to clarify the target market for the Topman clothing chain, the firm's brand director, David Shepherd, replied: "Hooligans or whatever."

He went on: "Very few of our customers have to wear suits for work. They'll be for his first interview or first court case."

The company later suggested that the word "hooligan" would not be seen as an insult among its customers."

Edited by Charlie Endell