Pasta - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I made penne CARBonara the other night. Pasta, cheese, double cream, bacon. Diet starts Monday . . .

That sounds tremendous.

I've been doing lots of good work with cardio - running/walking/ then eating shite at night. 9pm food curfew begins on Monday too.

Ormond cannae talk jist noo. He's put on a stone and a half in just two years eating the shit on offer over here!

I mind you could get a Double Big Mac in McDs in USA/Canada. And their large poritions seem to be about XXL the size of UK ones in fast food places like McDonalds.

Don't eat pasta after 9pm. Any leftover carbs in your belly when you ho to bed are turning straight to fat.

I knew one girl on a health kick who instead of going for a kebab/chippy after 'the dancin' would be all responsible about it and go home for a more middle class munchies bowl of pasta. Weight gain 101.

Don't add peas. If made well, cream isn't really needed, the eggs yokes and some of the cooking water from the spaghetti can be used to make an emulsified sauce. When we first started travelling to Italy we noticed that they always use loads of pepper as part of the recipe, not just as a seasoning at the end. It is almost always foul in UK restaurants, but done well it is the business.

Edited by Pool Q

Don't add peas. If made well, cream isn't really needed, the eggs yokes and some of the cooking water from the spaghetti can be used to make an emulsified sauce. When we first started travelling to Italy we noticed that they always use loads of pepper as part of the recipe, not just as a seasoning at the end. It is almost always foul in UK restaurants, but done well it is the business.

That sounds the dug's. The Italians have it nailed when it comes to food.

That sounds the dug's. The Italians have it nailed when it comes to food.

Rick stein makes it this way, just eggs, grand padano pancetta or bacon with some added parsley. It is awesome. It's one of my favourite pasta dishes. So easy and unbelievably tasty. Give the video a look, only 3 mins but shows how he does it. Puts me in the mood for it tonight.

Edited by flynnyboy

Rick stein makes it this way, just eggs, grand padano pancetta or bacon with some added parsley. It is awesome. It's one of my favourite pasta dishes. So easy and unbelievably tasty. Give the video a look, only 3 mins but shows how he does it. Puts me in the mood for it tonight.

:ok:

Unfortunately, my culinary skills begin and end with beans on toast.

That looks real good