Fear The Walking Dead - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Fear The Walking Dead

So anybody watching this. Love walking dead and cannot wait for the new series to start but then I also love the resident evil films and things like dawn of the dead.this could be a great addition to the walking dead family don't think it will say where the virus came from or anything like that but could be good seeing how society breaks down and the dilemmas you could face.

Watched the first episode so far and my only complaint is that the junkie son seems to me to be trying to be johnny depp. Some other things might get annoying but I'll wait and see before complaining about them

I don't like zombie books, TV shows or films. Not really sure why as I like all sorts of horror and thrillers but just can't go zombies.

The only zombie related movies I've watched and not turned off through boredom are Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland. I did read Stephen King's Cell but only because of the author. It was his worst book yet.

love this too.... not a fan of horror or zombies but got sucked into the whole survival mentality and the brilliant characters. Managed to 'acquire' the first two FTWD and thought they were slow but excellent - managed to get that fear going that something really bad is about to happen

I don't like zombie books, TV shows or films. Not really sure why as I like all sorts of horror and thrillers but just can't go zombies.

The only zombie related movies I've watched and not turned off through boredom are Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland. I did read Stephen King's Cell but only because of the author. It was his worst book yet.

You'll enjoy this thread then :D

I'm just reading others thoughts just now as I don't really know why so very little of the zombie stuff appeals.

I want to know what I'm missing, if anything. :lol:

I wouldn't call myself a zombie fan but once TWD got going I would say some of the episodes of the later seasons had me actually up from lying in my bed watching it to sitting on the edge of the bed tensed up while watching. I would say you actually became almost oblivious to the zombie and gore element of the series, a bit like watching a foreign language film and the subtitles becoming second nature to you as you get into watching it.It was/is just very good drama.

PS I think I have done very well to not throw in any zombie related digs :wink2:

I wouldn't call myself a zombie fan but once TWD got going I would say some of the episodes of the later seasons had me actually up from lying in my bed watching it to sitting on the edge of the bed tensed up while watching. I would say you actually became almost oblivious to the zombie and gore element of the series, a bit like watching a foreign language film and the subtitles becoming second nature to you as you get into watching it.It was/is just very good drama.

PS I think I have done very well to not throw in any zombie related digs :wink2:

Self control noted and much appreciated. :ok:

Ye I would say you can watch it without seeing twd. It takes place before the start of twd not sure exactly how long the timeline is for it if it covers a few days or weeks though.

Agree with uproar twd and fear are more about the survival mentality than the zombies and gore you seem to get quickly attached to the characters and the drama between them unlike most films where its more about humans vs zombies

Careful now

AMC has sent a slew of warnings to Internet subscribers whose connections were used to download episodes of the new "Fear The Walking Dead" series. While there are no legal strings attached for the affected subscribers, AMC urges them to stop the "theft." In addition, torrent sites are in the crosshairs too.

Edited by harrystarfish