How Much Have You Spent Following Scotland? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

How Much Have You Spent Following Scotland?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did reach 10 away points at one time so must have spent a lot doing that.

Now short of funds so points dwindling and unless finances improve will head to zero soon

Still managing home games but not easy either.

I think in general we all spend whatever we can to follow Scotland and probably quite a bit more than we can actually afford.

No idea on an actual figure spent though !

When I was younger we used to go away for a week for away games. Can remember spending a grand in Paris in 2007. Obviously I don't spend that much on all trips but since I've been to about 20 away games and many of those were for a week then it would have totalled up to some amount.

Started in 1974 World Cup in Germany (not counting several Wembley visits and a few to Wales) and never stopped since. SSC Member number is only three figures having joined almost at inception. Been to the 74, 90 and 98 World Cups and the 96 Euro Championship in England so I am not even going to try and count how much. I now live in the South of England so even 'home games' cost me a fair bit. Germany game costing me £70 flight, £35 parking, £15 petrol, £32 match ticket then local transport and obviously refreshments' :cheers3:

So a simple home game is at least £200

I could probably have a large mansion and a Bentley with money I saved if I didn't follow Scotland but look at all the fun I would have missed out on :ok: and all the people I would never have met. Given the choice again, I would still do it all again :headbang::hug:

France here we come (I can do the Euros in France cheaper than a home game :wtf::yikes3:)

Started in 1974 World Cup in Germany (not counting several Wembley visits and a few to Wales) and never stopped since. SSC Member number is only three figures having joined almost at inception. Been to the 74, 90 and 98 World Cups and the 96 Euro Championship in England so I am not even going to try and count how much. I now live in the South of England so even 'home games' cost me a fair bit. Germany game costing me £70 flight, £35 parking, £15 petrol, £32 match ticket then local transport and obviously refreshments' :cheers3:

I could probably have a large mansion and a Bentley with money I saved if I didn't follow Scotland but look at all the fun I would have missed out on :ok: and all the people I would never have met. Given the choice again, I would still do it all again :headbang::hug:

France here we come (I can do the Euros in France cheaper than a home game :wtf::yikes3:)

l share your pain living in Bournemouth or should that be pleasure aye your right it's cheaper for us living in the south of England to go to away games that home ones

park your ain plane like ?

Georgia £700 at a guess

Poland £500

Germany £500

Ireland £400

Gibraltar £300 for flights and hotel

Most expensive was the Macedonia Iceland double header in 2007, flights back from Australia were extortionate, least expensive was a game v Wales when Earnshaw scored a hat trick.

In total, id probably say over £25000.

My favourite trip in recent seasons was to Liechtenstein.

Took my partner for an unofficial honeymoon. ..drove all the way there through Belgium Luxembourg Alsace and Switzerland. Then a few days in lovely Liechtenstein. Then back through Switzerland and South of France , visited Monaco..drove round the grand prix circuit. ..spent loads but fabulous memories...

Liechtenstein itself was really friendly and welcoming...although super wealthy the locals were genuinely nice. ...a massive contrast to the snobs of South East England. ..

And for Jacobite enthusiasts, the line of Stuart succession is currently heading to Liechtenstein next...

Georgia £700 at a guess

Poland £500

Germany £500

Ireland £400

Gibraltar £300 for flights and hotel

Most expensive was the Macedonia Iceland double header in 2007, flights back from Australia were extortionate, least expensive was a game v Wales when Earnshaw scored a hat trick.

In total, id probably say over £25000.

Iceland & Macedonia double header definitely my most expensive.

I've lost count. 12ys travelling, 3 per yr, £500 a pop. (Cardiff less, Iceland, Macedonia more).

£18k. Home games wouldn't be far off. Wouldn't be surprised if home games about the same (Maybe half) as there is more of them and still need travel, accommodation and drink fund.

Definitely £25k+

not forgetting the holiday taken on top if doing a full economic evaluation, lost productivity instead of working looking for routes, TripAdvisor, transfer things to do, phoning up sfa, too giddy to work few days leading up,to hungover / lacking sleep day or so afterwards.

It's a lot. Worth it,

Wish I was going to Georgia. :(

Errm....nothing.

Now HTFC is a totally different issue. I am reliably informed that I've spent the approximate cost of a two-storey house & kitchen extension thatwe could have had but for them.

... so around £540 if you're talking about a house in Huddersfield, then? ;-)