Cut The Bull....... - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Cut The Bull.......

scotsgary1

All,

Cutting out all the bull do you think we are good enough to qualify from this group.

I kick it it off with a YES.

The squad we have has the desire and talent to take us through with remaining games.

I know its been a long time since last qualifier which puts alot of people to think of the old days but if we keep up the momentum we shall qualify.

ps

Price now odds on get on quick still get evs in places.

All,

Cutting out all the bull do you think we are good enough to qualify from this group.

The squad we have has the desire and talent to take us through with remaining games.

I know its been a long time since last qualifier which puts alot of people to think of the old days but if we keep up the momentum we shall qualify.

ps

Aye, we are good enough to get out of this group without a shadow of a doubt. The only issue is that so are Germany and Poland, so one of us is going to miss out, without needing a play-off.

We have it in our own hands by having those two at Hampden in the run-in, 4 points from those 2 games and we are as good as there, automatically.

Obviously we need to do the business in Georgia 1st, which i think we will.

All,

ps

I don't gamble anymore, but I am confidnet we can qualify automatically IF we win on Friday night in Goergia.

Do that and it sets us up nicely for Germany and Poland at home. One victory or even two draws could be enough?

No disrepect to Gibraltar but thats 3 points for us,

I really do think we are good enough and together with the organisation that GS has instilled in the team we are a difficult team to beat.

BUT

This is football and we do need some luck and the way we play football puts us in a position where we can profit from it. (equaliser in Ireland).

I believe we will qualify and I don't care how we do it. The amount of tickets already sold for the GIB game shows that there is a growing belief that we can and will qualify.

Georgia first and then the small task of Germany. C'mon Scotland

Being realistic we have had better teams with better players who were also good enough that didnt make it - the 2-0 defeat in Georgia the last time being the perfect example.

Our results in the lead up to that gubbing were nothing short of remarkable and if we had taken any of those performances into that game we would have won - but we didnt.

A trait that has followed the National team the whole of my lifetime

However ...

As i have said previously (and no doubt before the last time we played in Georgia) if we dont win then we do not deserve to qualify.

This Georgian team are nowhere near as good as the last time, their recent results have been poor and the mind games of a young inexperienced goalkeeper etc wont work a second time.

With the correct attitude we should win comfortably.

As for Germany - they are always efficient but not as good as they were and doubtful that they will be anytime soon which is mainly down to the German domestic game.

It seems their International team is finally suffering like everyone else with the influx of foreign players to the Bundesliga despite the massive amounts each club spends on youth development.

In 2009 the foreign ratio was running around 45% with 249 overseas players

In 2013 that had increased to 48% and its currently just under 50%

Secondly and probably more importantly there is no better studier of the German National team than Gordon Strachan.

Im almost certain that he will put out a team with the tactics to get at least a draw

Ive also said before that i believe Poland have played their best football in the first half of the qualifying tournament.

I cant see them getting any better than they have been now it gets down to the nitty gritty when the pressure it is on particularly if they get a horsing in Germany on Friday

So in short - yes we should qualify but the biggest hurdle as always is ourselves

Being realistic we have had better teams with better players who were also good enough that didnt make it - the 2-0 defeat in Georgia the last time being the perfect example.

Our results in the lead up to that gubbing were nothing short of remarkable and if we had taken any of those performances into that game we would have won - but we didnt.

A trait that has followed the National team the whole of my lifetime

However ...

As i have said previously (and no doubt before the last time we played in Georgia) if we dont win then we do not deserve to qualify.

This Georgian team are nowhere near as good as the last time, their recent results have been poor and the mind games of a young inexperienced goalkeeper etc wont work a second time.

With the correct attitude we should win comfortably.

As for Germany - they are always efficient but not as good as they were and doubtful that they will be anytime soon which is mainly down to the German domestic game.

It seems their International team is finally suffering like everyone else with the influx of foreign players to the Bundesliga despite the massive amounts each club spends on youth development.

In 2009 the foreign ratio was running around 45% with 249 overseas players

In 2013 that had increased to 48% and its currently just under 50%

Secondly and probably more importantly there is no better studier of the German National team than Gordon Strachan.

Im almost certain that he will put out a team with the tactics to get at least a draw

Ive also said before that i believe Poland have played their best football in the first half of the qualifying tournament.

I cant see them getting any better than they have been now it gets down to the nitty gritty when the pressure it is on particularly if they get a horsing in Germany on Friday

So in short - yes we should qualify but the biggest hurdle as always is ourselves

Why do people always churn out this hackneyed statement? So if we draw or lose to Georgia then win our remaining 3 games we still don't deserve to qualify because we never beat Georgia? WTF!

I don't gamble anymore, but I am confidnet we can qualify automatically IF we win on Friday night in Goergia.

Do that and it sets us up nicely for Germany and Poland at home. One victory or even two draws could be enough?

No disrepect to Gibraltar but thats 3 points for us,

If ye win tomorrow night. ...ye have one foot in the door to France.

I do believe ye have it in ye to beat Poland at Hampden.

Yere performances in the group suggest ye are well capable of qualifying.

I agree with u on gibraltar....if our game tomorrow was on the same time as yours....I wud watch the scotland game.

If we can't beat gibraltar. ...then I give up!

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

Why do people always churn out this hackneyed statement? So if we draw or lose to Georgia then win our remaining 3 games we still don't deserve to qualify because we never beat Georgia? WTF!

Depends if you are daft enough to take the statement that way !

If we lose to Georgia and it costs us qualifying then we do not deserve to qualify

Happy ?

PS Hope you throw up that dictionary you swallowed later however congratulations on being the first ever to use "hackneyed" on the TAMB

If we lose to Georgia and it costs us qualifying then we do not deserve to qualify

Happy ?

PS Hope you throw up that dictionary you swallowed later however congratulations on being the first ever to use "hackneyed" on the TAMB

:-)):ok:

Happy ?

How are you supposed to take it? If we fail to qualify, we can choose a particular result to say we didn't deserve to qualify. By that logic, can we not then say we do deserve to qualify even if we don't because along the way we defeated the best team in the world? Just sayin'.

Ps. I apologise in advance if I have upset you with any grammer or spelling mistakes!

How are you supposed to take it? If we fail to qualify, we can choose a particular result to say we didn't deserve to qualify. By that logic, can we not then say we do deserve to qualify even if we don't because along the way we defeated the best team in the world? Just sayin'.

Ps. I apologise in advance if I have upset you with any grammer or spelling mistakes!

Ok

We are now down to the nitty gritty - 4 games left

Away to Georgia first

Home to Germany

Home to Poland

Away to Gibraltar

Now while you are clearly the optimist the general consensus is that if we dont win in Georgia then we will struggle to qualify

Maybe it's my 30 years of watching Scotland but convincing yersel that we will undoubtedly win both of our remaining home games (especially if we have a massive downer after not winning in Georgia not to mention the boost it will give Germany and Poland) is verging on ...well ... a kind of madness.

So my point stands

If we dont win in Georgia, it is unlikely we will qualify automatically, and as such - dont deserve to

Phew

No, i cant see us finishing ahead of germany and poland they are better than us

3rd place play off with us not being seeded would be a big big ask

sorry but thats my honest opinion.

I agree with this. We're a decent side but I still think that were unlikely to qualify. I think we'll probably make the play off though.