New Scotland Training Gear 2015/16 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New Scotland Training Gear 2015/16

kmcca5

Like the red training top (but do not like the zip being down the side of the neck).... probably only the black hoody being the only thing I would buy.

All says 2015/16, which probably means it will be 1/2 price in the shops come June/July time when new stuff is released.

For some reason I had a feeling our new home top was goiong to be same design as the chelsea home top, just looking at the first two taining tops and then checked out the chelsea trainigng wear and same design, I know the training wear can be pretty generic though

Went for a wee look in JD Sports at lunch time.

Stuff looks great, but let down by a really shoddy patch-work SFA logo.......

Looks like someone has just used a photocopier to make the SFA logo with paper and then glued it on.

If it had been fully embroided badge then I would have bought something, but its effectively stop-gap gear that will be replaced next summer.

Looks like someone has just used a photocopier to make the SFA logo with paper and then glued it on.

If it had been fully embroided badge then I would have bought something, but its effectively stop-gap gear that will be replaced next summer.

What JD Sports did you go into?

Sorry to hear that (Adidas strike again). I went through this a few months back when Southampton released the very same range of training wear.

On seeing the Saints photo's, I fell in love with the top with the collarbone zip and thought, "I'm having that!" and went to get it on the first day to find the weird tracing-paper-like Saints badge. It was a deal-breaker and it sound like that's going to be the case with the Scotland one.

As is so often the case with these things (the three-legged Saltire on that Diadora kit); they're so often close to being perfect, but bolloxed up by one detail.

What rubbed salt into the wound with the Southampton training gear is that the actual home, away and goalkeeper kits all have embroidered badges!

That's 3 times today you've said this range is 'stop-gap' until next summer. Not a chance they'll bring out so much new leisure/training wear only to replace it in 8 months.

Edited by McTeeko

That's 3 times today you've said this range is 'stop-gap' until next summer. Not a chance they'll bring out so much new leisure/training wear only to replace it in 8 months.

JD Sports have it listed as "2015/16" and this is all catalogue stuff clubs are using just now (Aberdeen have the exact same stuff which they have been selling since June) which will be getting replaced next summer when Adidas launch their new templates.

Guaranteed that we will be getting new stuff next spring when the new away kit is launched.

I have to agree here if I am honest, even if Aberdeen have it for one year I'll bet we get stuck with it for 2 years. I can't remember us ever bringing out any stop gap ADIDAS gear before. Unless they did with the first ADIDAS kit.

I have to agree here if I am honest, even if Aberdeen have it for one year I'll bet we get stuck with it for 2 years. I can't remember us ever bringing out any stop gap ADIDAS gear before. Unless they did with the first ADIDAS kit.

Last campaign Adidas gave us some "latest" stock training gear for the last couple of games, only difference is it was not released.

If we are lumbered with this for 2/3 years, while every other team gets a fresh new design in the summer for the new season, the SFA really have got poor terms and conditions with Adidas if they are just giving us "old" stock.

Anyone know when it will be in the JD shops not just on line? Might have a wee look when I am in Glasgow on Thursday.

I'd expect a very limited selection as they have proved time and time again to be useless. The staff at Silverburn had no idea when they were getting any new stuff.

No bad thing Chelsea have the best looking kit in the league. Although man utd have the same training wear and their home kit would transfer better into a traditional scotland kit

Man utfs black away top is a thingg of beauty minus the Chevy logo. Shame we play in a dark blue home top as I'd be happy with something like that as an away top