Youtube - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Any YouTubers among us? I've had a wee gaming channel on the go for about 2 months now, hunners of fun. Wife is a vlogger as well, she's much more successful than I am with a few thousand subscribers... I have 50 :lol:

I'd put off having my own channel for a few years despite being involved in someone else's Gaming Lore channel, if you fancy it, definitely give it a go, the community is luverly and I've met a range of interesting people... Including a Norwegian who talks about sobriety in the same way Peever talks about quislings!

Edited by Scunnered

I just use it for streaming music to my tv really.

And Aberdeen videos when I'm pished and want to get emotional. :lol:

Although the bairn (7) keeps saying he wants a YouTube channel.

I have no idea what he means at all.

I just make videos where I play video games and look sexy as ! Some people like that kind of thing!

Don't know if I'd dignify it with the word 'channel'... but got a couple of music vids on youtube with 20-40k views each.

Wish I knew how to make money off it. Though I suspect if people had to part with cash, the vids would have been viewed about six times each.

If it's your own music you'll be able to monetise your videos (allow YouTube to display ads on your videos) and take a cut of the ad money.

Saw a story in the papers about a guy who bought a $5m house in LA down the road from the guy whol sold Minecraft for a couple of billion. This guy films himself playing minecraft and put the videos on youtube. He has made tens of millions of dollars doing this. The world has gone fukking mad.

As for minecraft, I am sure there must be something to it as it is so popular but the whole concept baffles me. It sounds more like work than a game. This just compounds the madness of the above.

Edited by thplinth

Saw a story in the papers about a guy who bought a $5m house in LA down the road from the guy whol sold Minecraft for a couple of billion. This guy films himself playing minecraft and put the videos on youtube. He has made tens of millions of dollars doing this. The world has gone fukking mad.

As for minecraft, I am sure there must be something to it as it is so popular but the whole concept baffles me. It sounds more like work than a game. This just compounds the madness of the above.

My kids love Minecraft, having played a fair chunk of it I can definitely see the appeal... There are mods available that add complexity that requires an engineering degree to understand.

HOWEVER... When it comes to YouTube and Minecraft, the target audience is usually kids... So aye, they're for the watching.

My kids love Minecraft, having played a fair chunk of it I can definitely see the appeal... There are mods available that add complexity that requires an engineering degree to understand.

HOWEVER... When it comes to YouTube and Minecraft, the target audience is usually kids... So aye, they're for the watching.

Ive no idea what the bairn does on it, but I was surprised at the detail that he managed to put into making a darts venue on it.

Although his suggestion that the girls will have to go outside and pee because there's only one toilet and it will be full of men that have been drinking beer didn't go down too well with his mum.

Seems to gain his attention and concentration levels well though,whether that's a good or bad thing remains to be seen.

According to YouTube analytics, only 26% of my audience is female... Since adding a sexy face cam in my last video it's jumped massively to 27%. Just shows you, sex sells. What a horrible superficial world we live in!

Edited by Scunnered

Scunnered get into football section let these mofo's doubting my gaming prowess cause champ man is easy-mode. Do you remember the time we were all playing that google 110 hurdle game and seeing who could get fastest, till i got it down to 6.8 seconds and provided screenshots as everyone thought i was lying.

Scunnered get into football section let these mofo's doubting my gaming prowess cause champ man is easy-mode. Do you remember the time we were all playing that google 110 hurdle game and seeing who could get fastest, till i got it down to 6.8 seconds and provided screenshots as everyone thought i was lying.

:ok:

So is this a money making scheme? If it is your own content I.e. You filming yourself playing a game how many views do you need to make decent money?

Your videos don't get paid per view, but per ad view. So it varies. They generally say that for every 1,000 views the YouTuber will make between $0.60 and $1.00... But it doesn't always work out that way. My most viewed video has 12,000 views and I didn't get a penny as it was a Nintendo game... Nintendo are complicated.

It's a hobby rather than a money making scheme.