Email Hosting - Best Provider? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Email Hosting - Best Provider?

Apologies for the boring thread....

Does anyone have any tips on the best option for email hosting for setting up email accounts to utilise a domain name that I already have/use?

When I did this years ago with BT Business, they provided free email with the Domain registration service - which kept it simple - but since then the domain is now held elsewhere and the additional email offerings with that provider don't seem to be value for money.

So... is there anyone with experience in this that has any suggestions of a decent provider for email service??

I'm thinking min. 2GB, max. 5GB mailbox size.

Can also look at moving the domain if need be to keep it together with the email service - if there's a benefit of doing it that way.

I use all mine through gmail, never had any problems at all.

Office 365. Gmail. No one else.

Thanks chaps.

I'll maybe go for the Office 365 option as it's a more familiar interface for the people that are needing to use it.

Have just looked at O365 Business Essentials to try and understand but MS chat support wasn't too helpful in being able to confirm if I could set up 1 central email account (info@companyname.com) which can then be accessed by multiple users using the shared single username / password and the same multiple users also all have access to the account via smartphones (pop3/imap).

Would probably be 2 or 3 people needing to use the single shared email/account.

Any idea if there's anything in O365 Business Essentials that would make any of that impossible?

Edited by AlfieMoon

Yes you should be able to do that. How many users? A few or dozens?

Outlook App for mobile is excellent since big update in last week or so.

It's only for maybe between 2 and 4 people to access

Drop me a PM.

I resell hosting for a large hosting firm. Can set you up an account for free. Unlimited addresses, storage etc.

Cheers mate! I'll drop you a note now.