Hangovers - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Cliche I know but mine are seriously getting worse as I get older.

I was at The Prodigy gig on Monday and I'm STILL suffering today. Don't get me wrong it was a 6am shot, so can have no complaints, but ffs thought I would be awright by now.

Seriously considering chucking it they are getting so bad.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oft 3 day hangover sair wan most Sunday mornings I consider giving up but usually ok by lunch time :cheers3:

Used to be like that myself. Last year I didn't drink (apart from 3 special occasions) whilst the other half was preggars. Since then just about every time I've been out has resulted in a stinking hangover the next day with more recent occasions stretching into a second or third.

As I'm getting older my hangovers have brought on bad bouts of skitters. I never used to have that.

Ever been checked for Helicobacter? They reckon 70% or somethign have it, its cured by a dose of anti biotics

Ive never had any stomach issues since and i used to be bothered a lot and had that next day after a few beers too

Ever been checked for Helicobacter? They reckon 70% or somethign have it, its cured by a dose of anti biotics

Ive never had any stomach issues since and i used to be bothered a lot and had that next day after a few beers too

Not been near a doctor for years. Never felt the need to. I will add that it's not bad skitters. Just a couple of leatherings down the pan after a night's swallying.

I reckon there are more chemicals in lager these days, particularly tennents. It dries me out to death like never before.

Maybe its an age thing.

Drink better beer then.

I only ever get hangovers when I drink rubbish.

Good beer + premium spirits and I feel great!

Drink better beer then.

I only ever get hangovers when I drink rubbish.

Good beer + premium spirits and I feel great!

I drink Tennents and this has been pointed out to me a couple of times. Funnily enough no one considered the idea of cutting down or giving up altogether :)

I think my main problem is that I'm greedy when I go on a night or proper day out. I had 5 pints two weekends ago on a Sunday and was fine the next day. Monday there was my first 'proper' night out in around 5 or 6 weeks. Went over the score as usual. It's not really any different to what Ive done for years though so again I can't grumble, not like I was forced into it.

Edited by Angus_Young

Taking Milk Thistle before and after a session as my maw always suggests does actually work, Omeprazole if your guts are in turmoil. Plenty of water or if possible, half a dozen pints of Guinness or a good German beer and a few halves and you'll be magic.

agreed was in Germany for nearly two years was only ever ruff when I drank wine

I tried Erdinger isotonic beer(alcohol free I must stress) on the recommendation of a Swiss acquaintance and it does seem to work in reducing the effects of a hangover. It's quite nice tasting as well.

is it not then the lack of alcohol that is stopping you from dehydrating therefore feeling like mince the next day

A litre of water with a quarter teaspoon of salt (strictly no more salt than that) and a 500g ibuprofen (no paracetamol, the liver is already working over time) before bed can work wonders for a hangover.

The real problem is getting too wasted to think about all that.

A litre of water with a quarter teaspoon of salt (strictly no more salt than that) and a 500g ibuprofen (no paracetamol, the liver is already working over time) before bed can work wonders for a hangover.

The real problem is getting too wasted to think about all that.

:yikes3::yikes3: FFS min, you'll no need to worry aboot a hangover again after taking that. :lol:

Only problem is when u do that u get the DTs and there nae good

Serious issues with DTs after 3 day drinking blitz in Dublin. Vowed to never get in that state again......over 5 months

has passed and I have been true to my word. Can still enjoy 5 to 6 pints on a night out but I have learned to stop.